detective edward x cowgirl!reader

Your pov
i was cleanin' my horses when i noticed that the town train just arrived, with a new guy. he seemed diffren i saw him headin for the saloon so like the curious cacti i was i stopped what i was doin' and headed for the saloon. i entered it and saw the fellow sittin' beside the sherrif chit chattin'. since me an dthe sherrif were close i walked over to them and leaned my elbow on thompson's shoulder, "you new here, partner?" i asked the fella. "well, yes. and im looking for the prince of england. he's gone missing you see..im gold, edward gold, by the way" he replied in a brittish accent.....oh sugar honey iced tea, WHY DO I HAVE A THING FOR GUYS WITH ACCENTS?!.. UGHHH. "o-oh..im y-y/n" i replied, goddamit! stop stuttering. "so, will you help me find him?" he asked me amd thompson. "sorry but we already have enou-" i cut thompson mid sentence and whisper to him. "c'mon tom, lets help." i whispered to him, "do we have to?". "yes. now shut it or i throw you of a cliff." i told him, "so?" the confused britt asked. "yeah sure" me and thompson said in unison. we were riding our horses of to the bandits when we heard a gunshot fire, our horses of course; were startled so that left us with no easy way gettin' there. "aw biscuits" edward said kickin' some sand, "guess we'll have to camp out" thompson suggested. "yeah sure" i simply said.

-timeskip to after they collect stuff for the night-

Edward's pov
i really like this, y/n girl, it was nice of her to offer me some help. since i could notice thompson was about to say no this morning. i cant help but just stare into her e/c eyes, they just match so perfectly with her h/l h/c. and god, her western accent? damnn..

Thompson's pov
i noticed that edward was staring helplessly at y/n, i walk towards him and poke his cheek. "ya like her dont ya?" i teased. "WHAT? ME? NEVERR!" he replied looking of to the side. "yeah ya do, now go get er' beofore you lose er' " i told him. "but how?" he asked looking down. "just be yourself, she loves that" i adviced, "alrighty then!" he said confidently and puffing his chest out and walkin' towards y/n "this is gonna be good..." i murmmur to myself chuckling.

Your pov
i was looking up at the stars when i noticed edward walking up to me with his chest puffed out and thompson smirking and chukling in the back. i did what any normal human being would do, i stood up and walked towards edward, once i did he seemed to have lost all his confidence and started sweating. "ya okay there?" i spoke up, "y-y-yeah..uh-li-listen..uhm..-i-i lo-lik-...uhm.." he tired speaking looking absoulutely everywhere exept my eyes. i got what he was trying to say and grabbed his vest and kissed him. he was shocked at first, like..why wouldnt he be? but soon he kissed back and relaxed. after that me and edward slept together and thompson was happy that he slept with himself only.

~time skip to morning~

it was the day where we rescue the prince, steal the bandits horses and head back to town, it was also edward's last day here...i wasn't sure if i were happy or sad. but as soon as we arived the bandits territory i was snapped out of my thoughts hearing gunshots fire and fly everywhere, we all took shelter behind some boulders and i took notice that the prince was already with thompson. i quickly took out my pistol and started shooting back. thompson was doing the same thing, we were distracting them so that edward and mathew can steal us some horses to escape. while me and thompson were shooting i heard mathew scream and i looked and his direction then......

                            BANG!
everything went dark.....i couldn't feel or see anything....i couldn't move either.....

Edward's pov
i finally got 2 horses for us i when i heard mathew scream since there was a spider on his sleeve and right after was a gunshot and.....blood splattering?....no. i quickly run back with the horses and mathew following not far behind, and there we see what the bullet hit,.......y/n.....i look up at the bandits one was shot in the knee the other two were staring at y/n scared out of their mind. it must've been the one shot in the knee that shot y/n, i guess the other two weren't used to seeing blood or murder...after analyzing the situation i hand one horse for thompson and mathew and i ride the other one while carrying a bleeding y/n while riding back to town with mathew and thompson.

-timeskip when theyre back at town because silent horse riding is boring-

Thompson's pov
we were all waiting outside the medics, i was sittin' down, edward was pacing back and fourth infront of the surgery door while mathew was sittin' beside me worried. the doctor finally got out with a.....sad...expression on his face. mathew seemed to get the sign and started crying. i was staring with disbeleif, edward was inside the morgue holding y/n's hand. me and mathew silently walk our way towards the morgue to see y/n.

Edward's pov
i haven't even got to show her the wonders of london..i haven't even thanked her for helping me rescue mathew..i haven't done anything to repay her in anyway. what did she do to deserve this? i dont understand!...i was silently crying beside y/n's cold lifeless body holding her hand when thompson and mathew came in and stood by her side and cried with me.

Edward's pov
today was the last time we would see y/n. everyone in town was invited to her funeral. i was in line to see her...i can't bare the thought that she's gone...and theres no way to bring her back..the first person moved away for my turn. i stepped forward and saw a peaceful, pale, lifeless, innocent y/n inside the coffin. she was wearing a white flower crown, holding some white tulips and wearing a white dress and white shoes. she was like an angel. i bet she was, maybe she was just an angel in disguise..i say all the things i wanted to tell her and move away for the next person. at least i got my first kiss with her, after that day. i never did love another woman exept her..

A/n
STAY ALIVE. ok i know i havent been updating but i took my hard effort in this! this was made with 1173 words. so yeah. ill try to update as much as possible! see ya eddlings!~