59| and so it begins

Start from the beginning

McGonagall quickly pushed Harry out of the way, pulling out her wand as well. As the two professors stood across from each other, wands raised, I grabbed my wand and held it up, along with everyone else defending Harry.

McGonagall cast multiple spells at Snape, who quickly struggled to block each one of them. Snape then took his cape, and spun into a fog of black.

"Coward!" McGonagall yelled as Snape flew through the window—shattering the glass—and out of sight.

Everyone then began to cheer as loud as they could as Professor McGonagall illuminated the room again. It felt amazing to be back in Hogwarts again and not some prison.

The good feeling only lasted for about a minute, until Harry dropped to the floor.

"Potter?" McGonagall asked, placing her hand on his shoulder.

I was about to run up to him, but I then noticed that room room was turning a dark greenish color as the ceiling above showed dark storm clouds.

A little girl then let out a piercing scream. Followed by another. And another.

Then it came to me. A voice. A voice that made me feel dark and sad and lonely. This was the voice of Voldemort.

"I know many of you will want to fight. Some of you may even think to fight is wise. But this is folly. Give me Harry Potter. Do this and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter, and you shall be rewarded....you have one hour."

As soon as the voice stopped, I looked up at Harry, who was now standing next to me.

"What are you waiting for? Someone grab him!" Pansy yelled, pointing at Harry.

My body filled with rage as I looked at the pug-faced bitch who stood there pointing at my best friend.

"Over my dead body." I spat, grabbing Harry and pulling him behind me.

I was followed by many others who stood next to me, and behind me, protecting Harry as well.

I smirked at Pansy, who glared at me in disgust.

"Students out of bed! Students out of bed! Students in the corridor!" Filch came running into the Great Hall frantically.

"They are supposed to be out of bed you blithering idiot!" McGonagall said, giving him a look of annoyance.

"Oh." He said, awkwardly looking at all of us. "Sorry, ma'am."

"As it happens, Mr. Filch, your arrival is most opportune. If you would, I would like you, please, to lead Miss Parkinson and the rest of Slytherin House from the hall." She said, causing Pansy to roll her eyes.

"Exactly where is it I'll be leading them to, ma'am?" Filch asked.

"The dungeons will do." She said, smiling.

Every house—except for Slytherin of course—immediately started cheering with joy.

"Right. Come, on. Get a move on." Filch said, leading them away.

"Bye, Pansy." I said in a high pitch voice, waving sarcastically.

She scolded at me and walked away.