Chapter 13

Ratliff's POV

I open my eyes to find that I am in the hospital, with no recollection as to what had happened. I turn my head to find that my left leg is in a cast and sling and my right arm is in a cast. As I sit there trying to remember what happened a nurse opens the room's door and allows Hazelle and Kyle into the room.

"Mr. Ratliff? Good, you're awake. You have visitors. Would you like to see them?" The nurse asks in a very polite tone of voice. I nod, painfully, to accept the visitors. Haze and Ky walked in and took a seat in the visitor chairs, as the nurse walks out the room and comes back in with the blood pressure checker thing. "How are you feeling?" Kyle asks as the nurse wraps the thing around my arm. "Sore. Do y'all know what happened?" I respond just before the nurse sticks the thermometer in my mouth.

"You were in a terrible car wreck. There was your tour bus, and four other cars. " Hazelle answers my question. I start to freak out, which is throwing everything the nurse is doing off. The nurse tries to keep me still but can't. So Kyle and Hazelle both sit down and pin me to the hospital bed. "How is Rydel? Please tell me Rydel is fine! I can't loose Delly!" I start screaming. I feel tears begin to fall from my eyes, as I begin to feel anxious because nobody is responding to my question.

Hazelle's POV

"Ellington. I am sorry to say..." I begin to respond after a few minutes, but he interrupts me. "NO! Please tell me she didn't die! She died, didn't she?" He asked, tears now flowing like a river from his eyes. "Well..." Kyle said. "Rydel, she isn't responding at the moment. She was at first, but her heart had just stopped when we walked into her room a few minutes ago." Ellington lost all control he had and began to endlessly cry. I wonder what is making him hurt so much over this, minus the fact that they were pretty close.

"Ell?" Kyle asks. Ellington just looks over at him not having the strength to speak. "Is there something that nobody knows about Rydel?" Kyle asked. "Or you and Delly?" I add onto my brother's question. To be quite frank with you; I am pretty sure Ratliff has feelings for her. But I am not completely positive. It's just that sometimes when he is around Rydel, how do I explain this. Sometimes around Rydel he acts different. Like he is trying to make himself better, trying to show off things like a guy does when they are trying to get a girl they like to like them back. "NO! There's nothing going on between us." Ellington manages to muster up a response.

Kyle and I look at each other, doubt clear in both of our expressions and in our eyes. "You know that it is easy for us to tell when you are hiding something from everyone. Especially lately. So you might as well tell us what is going on now." Kyle explains to him. "Nothing is going on. That's the truth. " Ellington said, clearly defending himself to keep what he is hiding a secret. "For now anyway." He whispered, not realizing that I heard what he said. Especially since my hearing is like a hawk's.

"For now?" I question him. "Shit! You were not supposed to here that!" He said, clearly embarrassed saying that his face just turned bright red. "Well I did. So you might as well tell me now." I respond. Sighing, Ratliff takes a deep breath, being so hesitant before he speaks. "Fine. I have feelings for Rydel. Happy now. Just don't tell Riker. Please." He musters out unwillingly. "I knew it!" I said not noticing how loud I was being.

Stormie's POV

"Honey, you should get some rest." I say to Mark. I watched as Mark got real hesitant. "Babe, please. You need to rest. I need to go talk to the record company and change tour dates and send refunds." I explain. Mark lies back, and gets comfortable yet again. "Fine. And The refunds, yeah that should get done. Before R5 looses fans." He replies to me, understandingly. I stand up from my seat and clear off the tears from my face. As I cover him up, with the hospital bed sheets, I lean over and kiss my husband. "Get some rest now, my love." I say just before I walk out the door.

I walk down the hall and go to the hospital cafeteria. I buy myself a drink and take a seat than take out my phone. I call the record company and explain what was going on in explicit detail. "But they are in the hospital and are not able to leave, for a while according to the doctors." I explain again. I listen to what they have to say. "No. We should give back refunds of what was spent for the next couple of shows. And the last two as well." I say into the phone. Listening again to what more they have to say, I take a sip out of my sweet tea. I can feel the anger building and building inside of me. "WHY? ARE YOU SERIOUSLY ASKING WHY WE SHOULD REFUND THESE SHOWS AND RESCHEDULE THE TOUR?!" I yell into my phone. I don't even care if the entire cafeteria is staring at me. "BECAUSE IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO! ARE YOU SERIOUSLY THAT MUCH OF A HYPOCRITE?" I yell again into the phone. "That's what I thought." I said after they agreed to give the fans their refunds back, and just before I hung up the phone.

I seriously can't believe the people of this society. They are rude, ignorant, selfish, and greedy. What ever happened to people walking around helping out their neighbors or complete strangers? What happened to people only drinking at a bar or in their house? Why did people start doing drugs and start drunk driving? Why did people become so abusive? I swear this world needs a freaking wake up call or a huge reality check one that's for sure.

I got up and went to go get something to eat to shut my stomach up from its growling fit. I ended up getting a veggie burger and fries. It actually wasn't all that bad. Once I finished eating, I got up and went to go get Kyle and Hazelle since visiting hours were now over for the night. We ended up going to Star Galaxy Inn and Suites for the night. It's a pretty clean hotel, must be one of the cleanest ones I ever stayed at.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

Hello there. Sorry I hadn't updated in awhile. I have been going through alot lately. Between getting engaged, planning my wedding, and becoming homeless, and being in and out of the hospital all week, I hadn't really had the time to write the chapter. Anyway Another good news is that I might also be pregnant with my first kid, so yay there! (P.s. NO that is NOT why he proposed. That didn't happen till after he had proposed.) Think I have had a wild past few months? haha Anyway I also wanted to point out that Star Galaxy Inn and Suites is not an actual hotel, I came up with the name for the book. I hope y'all enjoy this chapter. I also hope you are enjoying this book. Have a blessed day.

Your Author,

Destiny Amber Joy Shafer

(soon to be Ingersoll)