****

Walking around the side of the house Eric, Robert, and Sandra make their grand entrance. “We are here!” They inform.

“Yes, we know.” Seth replies.

Soon they all sit themselves for their traditional get together. When they became good friends they made the promise that no matter how busy life becomes they will always have time to spend time with each other.

“Hey everyone, how’s it going?” Eric greets everyone while taking a seat.

“Good, I was expecting a grand entrance today too, since every time I’ve seen you all you all make one.” Elena responds.

“We didn’t have time to plan anything this time, but next time we will,” Robert responds with a wink.

They spend their time catching up and playing with the kids, but avoiding asking Seth about his visit to the orphanage. They sense it’s a topic best suited for later when both Danny and Caleb fall asleep. Later, Nate arrives almost as soon as they move to the living room and Elena makes sure Danny and Caleb are asleep first before they strike up the conversation.

“So how did it go Seth?” Eric prompts.

He doesn’t need to clarify what it refers to everyone knows.

“It went well. We are set to meet at the end of this month.”

“Yes, but how are you feeling about it?” Sandra insists.

“I’m nervous and as the date gets closer I’m more nervous.”

“Are you going to tell Danny about it yet?”

“No, I want to meet her first and then see how she is. I don’t even know if she’ll want to be part of our lives after she learns I’m gay.” He expresses his fear.

“I know it matters to you at some level that she accepts you, but it doesn’t if she doesn’t, you have us here.” Robert reassures him.

“You are an amazing person. She will like the person you’ve turned out to be.” Nate adds.

“I know, but I can’t help it. I think I would like her to be part of our lives in time. It would give Danny a chance to have a grandma.” Seth elaborates.

“Yes, but he does have us around too! Eric is the grandpa, Sandra the grandma, Elena and Brian the uncles, and of course I am his older brother. And I think he even has a mother now too!” Robert declares.

“Are you calling me old, Robert?!” Sandra yells.

“No, of course not,” Roberts responds instinctively raising his hands in a protective stance, “I’m calling you wise!”

“And who are you calling Daniel’s mother?” Seth asks.

“Hmm, Nate? You’re the dad of course. ” Robert responds uncertainly. “I’m assuming ya’ll are now dating, since now you’re sitting between his legs.”

“Yes, we are.” Nate happily confirms.

“How long?” Sandra questions.

“Two weeks now.”

“You have kept it a secret this long?” Eric asks incredulously.

“Yes, it wasn’t difficult because I didn’t see you all and I was nervous about last Saturday.”

“I’m glad you are both dating!” Elena grins. “Have you told Karla?”

“Of course! She would have killed me if I didn’t tell her first.”

Everyone chuckles.

“Yup, she would.” Sandra says. “That’s a first. I’m sure she wouldn’t have been able to contain her excitement for you both and she would have told me when I called her earlier this week.”

“Hmm, that’s because I just told her before ya’ll came earlier today.” Seth sheepishly admits.

“Sneaky, he learned something from Robert.” Brian adds.

“Hey, I would never do such a thing!” Roberts proclaims.

“Sure, you wouldn’t.” Eric responds.

“Nope, I do have an announcement…I’m also dating...I’m dating, hmm…”

“Why are you having so much trouble telling us?” Elena questions.

“Omg, don’t tell me it’s the annoying guy?!” Sandra makes the assumption.

Robert avoids looking at them, “yes, but he’s not so annoying.”

Laughing, Eric says, “so you just wanted him to work for it?”

“No! It just happened.”

“Aww, it just happened, so he just swept you off your feet?” Sandra teases.

“It just happened after all of his annoying attention.”

“Aww, we told you love was brewing.” Sandra says.

“It’s not love. I just like him a lot!” Robert clarifies.

“Always the stubborn one.” Eric murmurs.

“No, I’m not stubborn!”

“Always in denial.” Seth adds.

“When are we going to meet this annoying guy?” Elena asks.

“Maybe you won’t if you keep bullying me!” Robert responds crossing his arms and pouting.

“And he’s supposed to be Danny’s older brother.” Seth says with a smile.

“When are we all meeting him, Robby?” Eric asks again with a baby voice.

“Never! And don’t call me that!”

“Aww, poor Robby, now who needs his man?” Seth coos.

“Ya’ll can’t do this to me!”

“But you do it all the time.” Nate points out.

“Now you can see it’s not too much fun.” Seth grins.

“Yes, I know.”

“So you have to bring Mr. Annoying with you the next time we hang out.”

“I will, but don’t any of you dare call him, Mr. Annoying.”

“Uh, he doesn’t know. I hope nobody slips.” Seth says with a smirk.

“Seth!”

“Yes, Robby?” Seth responds with an innocent look.

“Don’t say anything.”

“I can’t promise anything. I will try my best.” Seth responds.

“Ugh, he’ll probably say something.” Robert mumbles. 

-----------------------

Thank you all again for reading/commenting/voting.