16) What's your favourite film? (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

By the time I reached back to my open door, I’d decided that I’d go looking for Matt and kick his little arse to next week and back for not being there to help me.

I headed down to the common room where he’d most likely be. Or I’d end up just sitting there waiting until someone I knew went past so I could act like I’m not a freak. Boys began to brush past me in a hurry. After two minutes, about twenty people went running past me, then a massive group of people came from all directions and started running down the stairs. What was going on here? It was complete madness! Madness I tell you!

I noticed a kid I once helped called Scott, he was two years below me, but he came to me for advice about coming out as gay about two maybe three years ago. I scooted my way past zooming bodies and called for him.

“Hey Scott! Scott!” I yelled. Luckily he turned around and stopped for me. “Hey, what’s going on here? Is there a fire or something?” I asked, practically out of breath. These people were like animals! Making me do stupid exercise like that!

“Rhys Jones started a gang, their beating up that Charlie Morris kid and Matt Davies. Everyone’s going to the benches outside to watch.” He told me honestly.

“What?! Matt’s out there?! My Matt!?!” I cried! For fuck sake!

“Oh my god, he’s your boyfriend isn’t he? Alex, I’ll stop it, trust me!” He went zooming off, blending in with the rushing and never ending crowd.

“Wait! No! Scott! Stupid boy get the fuck back here!” I yelled, but there was no point in me trying. Then it actually hit me! My Matt was in some serious trouble! I headed back up the stairs, pushing anyone who got in my way, dragging everyone behind me, I couldn’t think about who I was pushing or where they went. I needed Noah right now. I couldn’t face the beast on his own, I needed Noah. But more than that, I needed my Abbie.

I finally got to their door but didn’t bother knocking. I burst in, nearly in tears.

“Noah!! Noah I need you!” I screamed. I was walking back and forth in Abbie’s open doorway.

Noah who was sat next to Abbie on her bed looked up at me, a little bit panicked. “Alex? What’s wrong?!” Abbie jumped up.

“What’s wrong Alex?” Noah immediately got up and walked to me.

“Rhys has Matt and Charlie.” I couldn’t say anything else. “Follow the god damn crowd and help me!” I screamed.

Noah didn’t need to think about it, he grabbed my hand like a man and pulled me out of the room, Abbie was jogging behind us, trying to keep up with Noah’s monster speed. The crowds were getting bigger, there was hardly anywhere to spit. Noah noticed my hand shaking so he did the bravest thing any boy could have done.

“Oi! Get the fuck out of my way, before I cut you all!” He yelled at the people in front. “Come on Abbie!” He called back and then turned back to the crowd. “Hey!” He called again, but then there was almost complete silence. “Get out of the fucking way you twats, my boyfriends are in trouble. If anyone wants to avoid being cut I’d do as I say.” He ordered. And the crowd, without even looking back at him, moved out of the way. Abbie’s hand grabbed onto mine just as the crowd split into two.

“Alex, where are they? Did anyone say?” Abbie asked.

“The benches! He’s taken them to a remote part of the school!” I screamed. I couldn’t take it. I could feel Matt’s pain.

“Noah!” Abbie cried.

“I heard Abbie.” Noah said rather calmly. He gently pulled me along, not letting go of my right hand. He swung open the first door that lead to the outside with such a power only he could have.