16) What's your favourite film? (Part 1)

• Dedicated to Maddy Pearce

16) What’s your favourite film?

Alex’s POV.

“Jesus Abbie! When I told you that you needed some action, I didn’t mean that kind of action! Look at you! You’re a baby! You’re not even old enough to…” I breathed. Abbie had just told me about what she was prepared to do with Noah last night. And when I say she told me about it, I mean she told me every last detail about it. It was cringe worthy. It wasn’t like my Abbie. There was clearly something else going on…

“That’s just so hypocritical of you! You and Matt had sex!” She stopped herself from screaming at me.

“That’s not what we’re talking about here! We’re talking about you. Abigail Tuck. The girl that wows every guy that walks past her. Abbie, you need to talk to Noah, as your boyfriend, not as Noah, and discuss what you’re going to do if it doesn’t work out, what if you accidentally get pregnant, would he even stick around? What if he didn’t want to go through with it but wanted you to be happy so he gave himself to you? You’ve seriously got to think about these things.”

Abbie calmed down for a second and sat down on Matt’s bed. I actually hadn’t seen Matt since yesterday after it started to rain and our plans were ruined. “I know Al, I didn’t know what else to do. You know when you love someone so much, and then they turn around and admit that they don’t think that you’re in love with them, so you just have to prove to them that you will never love someone other than them?” Abbie told me everything that she left out, in one big fat sentence.

“Well in fact Abbie… I’ve never had that pleasure.” I laughed and went to sit by here. She looked up and smiled and when I sat next to her, she rested her head on my shoulder as I held her tightly as usual. “Look babe, you’re in a new place with Noah. He’s probably stressed with everything that he’s going through, and he’s probably just wanting to take things extra slow with you.” I started to stoke her hair, it used to comfort her when she had a bad dream.

“I guess you’re right.” She sighed.

“Okay now? Feeling better about everything or do you still want me around to beat up any negative thought?” I asked letting her go so she could see my fighting face.

“I just want Noah to be happy. And not worry about if I’m going to go back with Blake, or if I’m going to end up murdering someone.” She moved away from me and sat up straight. “Will you talk to him for me?” She asked in a very shy, insecure way. This wasn’t like Abbie… Oh no. Oh dear no. Was she being ill again? Was this getting too much for her?

“Sure, I’ll speak to him hunny.” I smiled. I couldn’t let her see how concerned I was. I was hoping Matt was going to walk into the room at any second and help me out. But sadly I wasn’t that lucky. “Do you want me to go now or…?” I asked her, not letting things get awkward.

“No, speak to him tomorrow when he’s in a class of yours. I’m going to go back and get into my bed and sleep.” She slip gently off the bed and walked quietly in front of me.

“Want a kiss goodnight sweetie?” I asked getting up and wrapping my arms so tightly around her that nothing could hurt her. I could feel her nodding and smiling at the same time against my neck. I pulled away slightly and gave her the biggest kiss any girl would want off of me. Without saying another word I walked her to her room where Noah could look after her for the time being. She waved a small wave at me before heading inside.

What a brave little girl she was. Not having her mum around, and having to cope with boys, boys and even more boys everyday of her life wasn’t easy for her. It’s pretty lucky that we found each other. It’s just a shame that she gets sick sometimes. No one knows what’s wrong with her whether or not is depression, or if it’s something to do with her hitting her head that one day, no one really knows. It sucks that we can’t do anything to help. But we do what we can to help out little Abbie.