Spilled the tea, thrice - 4

Začať od začiatku

Knowing it will keep me awake all night and I needed answers now, so I end up leaving a voice mail.

"Hey dad, I hope everything's okay with you. Call me back as soon as you hear this, it's really important." 

I touch my neck absentmindedly and I winced at the soreness. I can still feel his hands on my neck, adding pressure with every word he spewed out through his clenched teeth. Tears rolled down my eyes, and I try to breathe in and out to calm my self. Tomorrow I will definitely get all my answers. I roll over in bed, turn the lights off. Waiting for sleep to come.

Time has come, and right now I am sitting in front of my dad and Mr. Bertenelli, making me very nervous. Giving them a weird look I decided to break the uncomfortable silence.

"Okay will anyone say something?"

Seriously, they are staring at me like the next news will give me a mini heart attack from the....good news? Bad news? Couldn't tell, yet.

Dad clears his throat, "We have some news for you."

With anxiousness piling up inside me among other emotions, I nodded quickly.

"Your father and I decided that you and Colton should get married. For our companies sake and I really like you for my son, knowing the feelings you have for him." John stated casually, but held a lot of power.

I gaped at them, stunned. I don't know how to feel but the first feeling that attacked me was shock with a hint of happiness.

Wait but Colton agreed ? He was so damn pissed, yesterday. Then another confusing question hit me - For companies sake? the two words why Colton probably agreed. Realization hit me, and slowly fading my happiness because this sounded more like a proposition than anything else. 

How the hell did he know about my crush on his son?  I had so many unanswered questions running in my head right now, that I wanted to cry.

"Because I know my daughter well enough, to understand the look in her eyes for a certain young man." My dad answers, clearly reading my thoughts out loud. I feel like shit right now, making them chuckle at the look of embarrassment on my face.

"Colton, was very upset about this, you guys think this is a good idea?" I asked softly.

"Colton talked to you about it?" Dad asked, looking over at me to John, expectantly.

"I talked to my son yesterday, and knowing him, he wanted to talk her out of this." He sighed, seeming disappointed.

"Look sweetheart, I know this is a very different situation and I know only you can change Colton's perspectives on marriage. You are an amazing young girl, you love him and you are perfect for him. This whole proposal is also beneficial for your father's company."

Sinking everything in, I nodded my head, thoughtfully. If this was anyone else but Colton I would've never agreed to this bizarre deal. It is selfish of me but I wanted to have him in any way possible, because this is about Colton and I. My dream will finally be true.

I know he's being difficult right now, but everything will change once were married. Again I am being very hopeful. He will be amazing, and he will slowly adjust to this whole new situation, for me. I smiled to myself, I couldn't wait to give the girls the great news.

             ☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕

I am sitting at a warm, delicious smelling cafe, waiting impatiently for the girls to arrive. I am feeling butterflies in my stomach, so happy that I think my ovaries will explode. I couldn't wait to spill my tea.