when you dance down the street with a cloud at your feet
you're in love

"your mum actually doesn't suck." dan remarked causing you to crack a smile.

when you walk in a dream but you know you're not dreaming signore

dan tipped me back, a large smirk forming on his face. "don't get too cocky." i chided but he just laughed.

"too late." he replied as he spun me out, causing my dress to expand outwards. i laughed as we came back together in our original position.

dan gazed down at me as we waltzed, a silly smile tugging at the corner of his lips. he stayed like that for a while, as if he was engraving my features in his memory. "what?" i asked quietly but he stayed in the same trance. "what?" i repeated. he responded by placing his lips against my own, and tipping me backwards for a slow, chaste kiss. i felt him smile and cracked a grin of my own as well.

"did you know you have really pretty eyes?" dan complemented which made my cheeks slightly tinted crimson.

"why thank you. you do too." i responded just in time before dan tripped over my foot and we came tumbling down. dan laughed as we fell, high pitched and similar to the one in the pantry. it was a sound i was so eager to hear. "shit! we were doing so good too. we almost danced through the whole song." i complained as we lay a giggling mess on the ballroom floor. once we settled down, the room seemed to be completely silent. i turned my head slightly to the right and caught dan smiling at me. "what?" i asked softly but before he could respond the producers cut us off.

"times up! nice job guys." the producers yelled as me and dan still laid in a hep on the floor.

"what?" i exclaimed, surprised. "we've only been together for a couple of hours." dan held onto my leg tightly as a warning of not to push it any further. i guess this date was a favor or something.

dan leaned into my ear, "hand me your bracelet please so i have an excuse to see you later." i quickly obeyed and slipped my black beaded bracelet into his hands. "what are you doing about the rooming situation?" he whispered.

i bit my bottom lip in thought before answering, an action in which dan payed a lot of attention to. "i think im going to stay with isadora. i heard she has a room by herself." i said softly into dan's ear. he just simply nodded in response as the producers began ushering us in opposite directions. i gave dan a small wave goodbye and he did the same as we were shoved out different doorways.

***

isadora swung the door open to her room with great enthusiasm. a large grin was plastered on her face as she welcomed me into her, or well my, new room. i still couldn't get over her beauty.

"how was your day?" she greeted politely as she helped bring my bags into the room.

"it was great, thank you." i responded, assisting her with my bags as well. "i just got off a date with dan...iel. he's really amazing."

"he's definitely an amazing actor." isadora commented which caught me off gaurd. she viewed my confused expression and elaborated. "you don't seriously think he actually cares about you or anyone here, right? he's obviously dating his friend phil." she daintily took a seat on the bed.

"what?" i questioned, genuinely bewildered now. "why are you here then. don't you like daniel?"

isadora just laughed, a beautiful angelic laugh. "i would if i could. im lesbian." she responded. "im only here for the publicity boost for my clothing line."

"that's smart." i commented. i guess this is the best way to get a free ad.

isadora patted the seat next to her on the bed and i hesitated for a moment. "i don't bite." she assured as she patted the seat once more. i plopped down next to her, a little too close than i wanted. i gazed at her for a little while, truly appreciating her natural looks.

"you're really pretty." i blurted out and then immediately regretting it.

isadora cracked a grin before responding, "aren't all girls?" the tension held until finally isadora leaned in slowly, closing the distance.

at first i was confused, very, extremely confused. however after she kissed my unmoving lips, i got lost in the moment and i kissed her back. i felt a pit of guilt building up in my stomach but i kissed back harder with every increase of shame. i wasn't ashamed that i was kissing a girl, but ashamed that my lips were on dan's less than three hours ago. i didn't know what i was doing. it's just human instinct, right? so when isadora's hand slid up my tshirt i didn't need to feel guilty because this is what humans are made to do.

"(y/n?)" called out a familiar voice, soft and pathetic. my heart shattered. i froze in my position, too scared and embarrassed to meet his eyes. i heard the click of my bracelet hitting the wall as he threw it. i heard footsteps and built up all the strength i could muster to yell after him.

"dan, wait!"'