"okay, this is a one on one!" fawn said which lead to a series of "ooos". "it's for (y/n)!" i didn't know if i was excited to be going on a one on one with dan, or completely embarrassed given that he just told me that i told him i wanted to sleep with him.

athena scoffed, "of course." i just rolled my eyes.

fawn gave us a strange glance before continuing. "it says, 'may i have this dance?' and it starts now!"

i hastily rose from my seat in between the girls on the couch. every gave me dirty looks as i left the room. i heard murmurs of complaints about how i got two dates, two weeks in a row and they haven't even gotten one.

i exited the mansion to see my knight in shining skinny jeans awaiting me by a limo. "good morning." dan greeted as he took my hand and lead me inside the limo. "how'd you sleep love?" i rolled my eyes, a rude gesture to anyone who didn't know what we've been through this morning. he chuckled at my response as he sat down next to me in the sleek black car.

***

"oh my god, what is this place?" i commented as i took in the large ballroom in front of me. a large golden chandelier hung from the ceiling. other than a couple of speakers in the corners of the room, it was empty.

some cheesy classical music resonated from the speakers as dan held out his hand, "may i have this dance?"

a goofy smile was plastered on my face while i nodded and gladly accepted his offer. he twirled me before pulling me into him. "they forced me to do this dance date against my will." dan whispered softy into my ear before spinning me outwards again. after a few dainty steps later he pressed me up against his chest. "i would've much rather gone on a picnic or something." his warm breath tickled my ear as he spoke.

"don't worry, this is fun." i replied before dan stepped on my foot. i jumped back and let out an almost inaudible whimper.

"oh my god, im so sorry!" apologized dan as he rushed to my side. he put a supportive arm around my waist as i massaged my toes through my shoes. "jesus christ dan. you've been here two minutes and you've already managed to embarrass yourself." he muttered under his breath.

"it's fine dan...iel" i hastily corrected myself, not wanting to make that mistake again. "do you know how to waltz?"

dan shook his head in denial. "the only dance moves i know are how to spin someone and how to sway awkwardly in a club." i tried to stifle a laugh with my hand but that ultimately failed. i turned to the producers and requested for them to play something we can waltz to. they nonchalantly agreed and waited for the proper time to start it. i took dan's hand and extended it, placing his other hand on my shoulder. i mimicked his position and took ahold of his hand. i explained the box step to him, which at first he didn't quite understand. it wasn't until a few practice runs later was he able to get the hang of it.

"you ready?" i asked dan as we got in the starting position, waiting for the producers to turn on the music.

"i don't know." he responded. he ran his thumb across my fingers delicately. dan opened his mouth to say something else but got cut off by the music beginning.

when a moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
that's amore

i chuckled to myself about the song choice before dan stepped forwards and we began gliding around the dance floor. "wow, we actually don't suck." i commented as we managed to go a full minute without smashing anyone's toes or running into each other.