Chapter Sixteen: Turning

"What?" My mouth hangs open. Then I shake my head. "No it wasn't me. I went inside and got some iced tea. I asked if you wanted some. You said yes. I went inside, when I came out you were already hurt."

"You never asked me about iced tea." Kaden's face pales. "You asked if you could help me with the garden. We both worked on it for about an hour before you turned to me. Asking about water. Then when we both stood up, you hit me with the shovel you were using. Don't you remember?"

"I-I tripped on the pile of weeds you pulled when I was leaving. It was-" Bigger. Bigger than before. That's why I tripped. I felt lightheaded. I thought I was just hungry.

"You were covered in dirt when I found you." Kol says. "You had it under your fingernails. I remember, because I had never seen you so dirty."

"But-"

"You didn't have any iced tea."

I blanch. My heart pounding. How could-

A small part of me didn't want this. I can sleep on my own. "No it's fine. I've just been a little stressed, with going to the college every week. I haven't talked to my parents either. Not to mention this prophecy." I sigh.
"Hey," Kaden releases our hug to hold my face. "I'm right here. Whatever you do I'll be here for you."
"I know. I trust you." I promise. Looking into his green eyes. His face lights with a smile.

"Hey do you want to help?" He asks sweetly. I nod. Kneeling next to him. We work in silence, I mimic his moves. After the pile has doubled and we're not as close to the porch as before, I realize I'm sweating.

"Did you want to get some water?" I ask. He stands and I do too. The shovel still in my hand.

"I think we're done anyway." He smiles. Looking around at the now cleared space of garden in front of the porch. While he looks at it I rub something clear onto the shovel. My eyes looking at the space too.

"Me too." Then I swing the shovel.

~~~

"It was all in my head." I realize. "Why would I hurt-" I look at Kaden. Feeling guilty as hell. "I don't know why I would do that. I'm so sorry. I've been so worried! I've been so angry and this whole time-"

"I think it was a certain witch we thought we were rid of." Sebastian says. His voice cold. His eyes on my are sympathetic.

"Either way, nobody is safe." Kol says resolutely. "Jasmine."

"What?" I snap out of my daze.

"I think we need help."

"From who?" Sebastian questions. His eyes wary.

"A friend of mine." Kol says calmly.

"Who?" He questions again, angrily.

"Jones. I trust him."

"What is he?" Sebastian snaps. His nose up high. "My beloved doesn't need some wacky faerie. She can come see Meredith. My witch."

"Jones knows what he's doing. He's not wacky. The last thing she needs is another witch." Kol argues. Looking offended. I look down at the table. Not wanting to face anyone. I don't try to intervene. Like an Alpha is supposed too. I just stare at the dark wood of the table. Feeling numb. I hurt him.

I love him.

And I hurt him.

"He can help her. He's seen possession before." Kol gestures at me.

"Maybe she wasn't possessed. Maybe she just got tired of Kaden's constant cheeriness. Ever thought of that? Maybe she just wanted you out, pretty boy." Sebastian snaps. Sounding defensive.

"She's sick. Don't act like she wanted to do any of that. It wasn't her fault." Keith snaps. Sounding angry and sad all at once. Sebastian stands up. Pointing a lean finger at Keith.

"I liked it better when you werent talking."

"Don't talk to him like that." Kaden snaps standing. His face angry.

"Why are you all fighting? Calm down." Christian says. His pale white hair falling in his eyes as he stands too. His hands out in a calming motion.

"Shut up, Druid." Killian snaps.

"Killian." Kol snaps. Kol stands too.

"Kol, don't start with me right now." Killian says angirly. Pointing a finger in Kol's face. "You're the one wanting to sick some idiot on her."

"I get it you don't like Jones!"

"Nobody likes Jones." Killian snaps. Keith glares at Sebastian.

"Who asked for your opinion?" Keith snaps at Sebastian.

"Can we all just calm down?" Christian yells a bit loudly. Everyone pauses before all yelling at him. I watch it all. Not sure whether to intervene or not. My heart pounding. My eyes stinging. I can't even be an Alpha right.

"Will you stop trying to be a part of this pack?" Kaden snaps at him. Christian glares at him. A flicker of green lighting his eyes bright.

"Whats that supposed to mean?

"You know what it means."

"Why can't you just fucking stop talking about Jones?" Killian ask angrily. Kol scoffs.

"He's a fucking faerie. Are you jealous of a faerie?" He snaps.

"Just keep your mouth closed. You remember my kin. I'm much worse." Sebastian hisses at Keith.

"How dare you-"

I watch everything with wide eyes. Before something comes to mind. I laugh. Loudly. Hysterically.

Everyone silences. Looking at me strangely.

"Love?"

"Ma douce, whats wrong?"

I laugh even louder. How could I have missed this before? It's so obvious.

"Lover girl, are you okay?"

"Jasmine?"

"This is just great." I shake my head. Standing up. My arms crossing my chest.

"Jasmine, what is it?" Christian asks. Looking wary.

"The moon goddess never lies."

"..."

Everyone freezes. Looking at me with wide eyes. I shake my head again.

"Brothers will turn, all will burn."