Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

Was Leah right? I'm a making a huge mistake?

I slipped under the duvet and closed my eyes hoping I could get some rest before I decide what to do. Clutching the picture close to my chest, tears ran down my cheeks as I thought of what I had to do.

@=#~=~#=@

I was awoken by a loud thud. I groaned and reached for my phone to see what the time is. I squinted slightly as my eyes adjusted to the bright light. I blinked in shock when I realised I had been sleeping for several hours.

I snapped my eyes away from my phone when I heard another thud. I shook my head and got out of bed reluctantly. I left my room and turned on the lights. "Leah?" I called out knowing she probably had too much to drink and only got back now.

The lights were on in the kitchen and I made my way there, freezing when I saw who it was.

"G-Gabriel?"

Gabriel snapped his head towards me, and shut the fridge door.

"Nina, what are you doing here?"

I stayed rooted to the spot as I observed him, he didn't look like he wasn't human. "Shouldn't I be asking you that?"

He shrugged and stepped closer making me take two steps back, even though I wasn't as terrified of him as I was before, I still didn't want him anywhere near me.

He raised his hands up. "Are you scared of me?"

"Should I be?" I asked him instead of answering him.

He smiled widely. "You know the answer to that."

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, I didn't bother asking how he got into the house.

"I thought I'd see how you were doing."

"At 2 in the morning?"

"Yes. Your little friend mentioned you're thinking of doing something stupid." He said, tilting his head slightly.

"I don't know what you're talking about. Get out of my house."

He leaned back against the fridge and crossed his arms over his chest. "No, not until you tell me what she was talking about."

"Get out or I'm calling the police!" I screeched before wincing, I didn't want to wake Leah up if she was here.

He sighed heavily and straightened up before coming closer to me. My heart began to race as he inched closer. "You know what I am, do you really think the police can do anything to me?"

He was probably right. I didn't know how strong he was. Was he like the Werewolf you see in the movies? Will silver hurt or weaken him?

"Just leave me alone." I pleaded wanting to be as far away from him as possible.

"You know I can't do that. I'll give you time to process it but I can't stay away from you." He muttered as he frowned.

"Me or the baby?" I asked him quietly.

"What?"

"Who is it you can't stay away from? Me or the baby?" I asked, my voice more louder this time.

"Both, since you are carrying my child."

I swallowed and looked away before looking back at him. "If I wasn't? Would you leave me alone?"

"Yes. I wouldn't have any reasons to interact with you." He admitted without hesitating.

"So, it's just the baby? You're only here for the baby?"