Chapter Ten

Sirius hated them. He hated everyone with the surname Black. Even Regulus. He hated them with a burning passion. He hated them so much. He hated them more than death. He hated them more than anything worth hating. He hated them.

It wasn't fair.

He didn't get it.

He'd done nothing wrong.

But of course his family felt the need to punish him for being sorted into Gryffindor. He was surprised they had left it until the summer holidays, but Sirius knew it was only because they were bored.

Somehow his family enjoyed watching others suffer. They loved seeing someone in pain, physically or mentally, someone's torture was their entertainment.

He hated how life had made him their son. He'd prefer anyone to be his parents over them. Merlins beard, he'd rather be a muggle than have to be a Black. Okay, maybe that was a lie, not that there was anything wrong with being a muggle. He just couldn't imagine life without magic.

They'd ambushed him, grabbing him and throwing him into a room. He knew this room. He visited it fairly often as a child.

He knew that the room housed a boggart. When he was younger, his Boggart was his parents yelling at him, hitting him. It soon changed to seeing Regulus dead. He didn't want to see his brother dead, but he really had no choice. He couldn't escape.

He heard a bone chilling laugh.

"This is what the blood traitor deserves." His movements froze. He felt sick. He wanted to scream.

"Rightly said Regulus. Rightly said."

He hated Regulus. He hated his cousin Bellatrix for agreeing. He hated his family for pushing Regulus to follow their beliefs. He hated himself. He hated himself for not helping Regulus. He felt sick. He wanted to cry and fall asleep. But he couldn't. He felt hollow inside. He didn't even notice the boggart forming behind him until it cried out.

SIRIUS BLACK YOU ARE HEREBY DISOWNED FROM THE NOBLE HOUSE OF BLACK!