Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Sohye's POV

It's Saturday. I will now have time to think and to relax. My eonnies and dongsaengs are inviting me to go with them to the mall later, well since I have nothing to do. I told them that I'll go. I went downstairs and saw my mom talking to Aunt Olivia and they were signaling me to come near them.

"Eomma? What was it?" I asked shyly.

"Dear, your aunt Olivia here has no one to baby sit her baby. She asked me if you can do it for a while. Her nephew will come and you can return back to our house."

"Or maybe she can stay. My nephew has no baby-sitting skills. He might drop the baby or something. I'm scared." Aunt Olivia retorted.

I guess I have no choice but to agree? It will just be for a few hours. I just need to call my eonnies and saengs that I can't join them today. I'm sure they'll understand.

I immediately went to Aunt Olivia's house; yes I call her Aunt even though she's not exactly my aunt. She's really a close friend of mom ever since they were young so she's been there when I was born and mom was also there when she had her child Youngjae.

Since baby Youngjae is pretty familiar and close with me I don't need to think of things that will make him occupied anymore. This kid is a handsome and cute kid. I remember someone by looking at his eyes but, I can't seem to pinpoint it.

"Youngjae-ah~ who's your cousin that'll visit us here later? I just hope that he'll bring food." The lad continued playing with his building blocks and ate every biscuit that I handed him.

"Mi-ming." He said. Ming what Youngjae? And then he clapped excitedly when he heard the doorbell.

"Wait a minute!" I exclaimed as got in front of the door. And opened it hurriedly. Wait. What is Mingyu doing here??

Mingyu's POV

I received a call from my aunt that I have to go there and check on her baby. And I have to bring foods for the one that was watching Youngjae since their fridge ran out of snacks and she said that she'll be late to go home so I need to make sure that the baby-sitter won't be hungry or either leave Youngjae unattended.

"Wait a minute!" I heard a familiar voice said. As I ring my Aunt's doorbell.

The person opened the door fast and I can't believe my eyes. Kim Sohye why are you here?

She grabbed the lunchboxes that I was holding and placed them on the table. She was watching cartoons with Youngjae, in her messy bun and she was wearing pajamas and a hoodie. I find her cute but simple at the same time so I can't help but smile. I can see that wherever she goes she always have her favorite camera with her.

"Can I borrow your camera?" I told her. And she just nodded.

There was something really bugging me with her camera there was an extra button that doesn't exist with other cameras. I felt the urge to press it. Then I did.

Our surroundings stopped and she was just looking at me. Even Youngjae's laughter stopped.

"You pressed the button right?" she asked while her brows were furrowing. What was I thinking?

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. It's just that I got curious and-"

"No need to be so scared about it. That camera was handed to me by an old woman years ago. It's fancy, it stops time. That's why I don't let just anybody touch it. And to tell you I'm not using that to cheat or anything. I use that to avoid accidents to take pictures. Nothing more." She told me while getting the camera from my hand.

"Please keep that as our little secret. I won't forgive you if others would start finding this camera." She sighed.

"I guess I have to buy another camera and just keep this." She pressed the button again and the surroundings moved again, time was ticking again.

"So that's why you would disappear so fast often." I said and she smiled.

"Yeah. I like being at peace so I kind of use this. It comes in handy too. But I guess I won't use it anymore."

"My bad?" She just laughed at me.

"Stopping the time would make so much difference so I don't try to control it. Besides, this thing is kind of a hazard. If the media knew about its existence I don't know what they would do." She was right. The old woman gave it to the right hands.

She carried the sleeping Youngjae in her arms and placed him in his crib.

She tied her hair neatly this time unlike earlier that it was tied in a messy bun.

"Why don't we eat all the bibimbap that I brought?" She looked at me and nodded.

"Thank you for the food!" She said in a happy tone.

I can't wait to know more about her. Thanks to Aunt Olivia.