Irony, therapy and a little bit of Jeremy

prologue

Once upon a time there was a happy little girl. But one day something bad came for her. Leukemia. She didn't want to leave her family so she stood strong and brave against the bad thing. On her fifth birthday the bad thing got stronger and she grew tried and weak from all the medicine. After a long hard fight the bad thing put one last shove he sent the little girl away. She went to heaven where she could get better and couldn't be hurt anymore. Nobody wanted her to go but when she went so did the bad thing and eventually it stopped hurting people... Now the little girl is a angle and she watches over us all, helping us do the impossible.

chapter one

Now I was actually standing at the edge of the skyscraper it didn't seem like a good idea. I don't know what put me of, maybe it was the crowd of people praying I wouldn't do it or the sick one's praying I would so they could have a good viral video. Either way my body was dying. After two months of poisoning, probing, and injecting I have had enough. Enough of life. Enough of this illness. Enough of everything! Two months was all it took to break me. My therapist says depression is a side affect of cancer, it's not, depression is a side effect of dying.

Two months earlier

" Leukemia?" I asked my voice filled with shock horror. "but-but I was only here to donate blood, how is that even possible?" Doctor Yashman looked grave and his dark skin looked dull under the harsh office light.

"Willow I'm so sorry." his apology sounded  sincere even though he had nothing apologise for. "Is there anyone I could call?" To be honest there was probably a hundred people he could call but who would really want to know this? My parents? No, not while they still had two weeks on there cruise. My Grandparents? No! they were at my uncle's in Spain. Friends? No. There was nobody. I was alone.

"No" my voice came out muffled but doctor Yashman new what I said. Shuffling his papers I saw a tear in his eye as he looked down at a picture frame containing a photo of a little girl called Lilly. Unfortunately she died eight years ago. Lilly was my sister and doctor Yashman's first patient.

"I still think about her, you know" he said looking sorrowful.

"so do I... You know I forgave myself for getting ill but my parents never did" my voice cracked as I said the truth that had haunted me for years. Was it really my fault? Maybe if they didn't keep me in hospital waiting rooms for hours on end I wouldnt have caught the stupid virus that stopped me from giving  her the life saving bone marrow transfusion. But like all the famous day time tv people say 'there's no point in what-if's' looking out the window I let everything sink in. "And if I was a Christian I would probably say God didn't either"  The irony stung, bad. My whole life I craved a sliver of the attention they gave lilly  and now I will have it. But do I want it?

"I will do anything and everything in my power to help you willow"

"Oh come of it Yashman, this is karma! I didn't help Lilly now nothing- no one, can save me" I said slowly  absorbing the truth of what happened. I'm seventeen years old. My name is Willow-sage Melrose and  I. Am. Dying.

**** feel free to leave a comment or press the vote button :p ****