Did Lloyd Really Need The Ninja?

6/18/2017

"I was thinking about Lord Garmadon and his many futile attempt to destroy the Ninja, (season 2), when a question popped into my head:

What if Lord Garmadon managed to kill the Ninja?

What if Lloyd didn't need the Ninja to train him in the ways of spinjitzu?

What if.....?!?"

"What if there are no more, what ifs?" Sensei Wu whispered in my ear.

I jumped before glaring at Sensei, "Shush, Sensei! I'm trying to make a Ninjago theory! Anyhow, as I was saying before being rudely interrupted by Sensei Wu, what if Garmadon managed to kill the Ninja? Would it have made a huge difference to the story plotline......?"

"What's going on now?!" Sensei Garmadon peered at me from my bedroom doorway, concerned. I jumped, groaning, "Don't worry! This is just a theory, please go about your day and take Sensei Wu with you!" Garmadon raised an eyebrow before dragging Sensei Wu away.

"Ok, sorry for that. Now, onto the theory."

****What If Lord Garmadon Managed To Kill The Ninja?****

The timeline for Ninjago Season 2 and every season afterwards, as well as Lloyd's relationship with his father, would have been dramatically changed.

With the Ninja out of he way, Lord Garmadon would no longer focus on stopping Lloyd's training, (since he thinks only the Ninja can train his son), but would rather focus on turning Ninjago into his image. A lot of the events that took place would never have happened, unless the Ninja were killed after a certain event, like Ninjaball Run or the Darkly's School For Bad Boys episode. Sure, Lord Garmadon would still worry about his son and their final battle, but he's mind would be more at ease since Lloyd had no Sensei.

Speaking of Lloyd, he and what was left of the Ninja team would be dramatically changed as well. Of course there would be mourning for the lost. Nya would go into a state of a emergency crisis, not only losing her birth brother Kai, but also losing the love of her life, Jay. (Or Cole, if you ship the two).

Sensei Wu would be the rock during this hard time. He would be the first to accept that the Ninja were dead and try to move on, secretly hating himself for creating the team in the first place, only for The Ninja to be killed.

Lloyd would be a total train wreck. His best friends, his brothers, killed by the hands of him own beloved father? That would break Lloyd down and severely scar him, probably for the rest of his life. Depending on how strong Lloyd's powers are, he's either hate himself for not being able to save the Ninja, or he'd hate himself for not learning how to control his powers quicker. Either way, Lloyd would be scared for life.

Ninjago itself would go into a state of emergency. The Ninja were killed by Lord Garmadon, who'd make sure everyone knew that the Ninja were no longer around to protect their homes. It's possible that the citizens of Ninjago would rise up to protect themselves and Lloyd, judging by how they rose together to fight against Master Chen. But it's also a possibility that the citizens would scatter and flee, bringing about the end of Ninjago as we know and love it.

But who would train Lloyd to fight Lord Garmadon? Sensei Wu would most likely take the job of raising and training Lloyd, which leads to my next question;

*****Did Lloyd Need The Ninja To Train Him In The Ways Of Spinjitzu?*****

Technically speaking, Sensei Wu could have trained Lloyd himself while the Ninja just sat around playing video games. But there was a reason why Sensei Wu made the Ninja train Lloyd in the first place. Sensei Wu wanted to make sure that the Ninja were ready to be Sensei's, possibly to train students of their own. What better way to test them then to have them train the savior of Ninjago, The Green Ninja?

But, since reading my theories above, a thought may be plaguing your minds;

*****What Would The Final Battle Look Like, With The Ninja Dead?****

The Final Battle would have been dramatically different. Taking from the above ideas, some of the citizens of Ninjago have banded together to protect Lloyd, most notably Sensei Wu, Nya, Dareth and possibly Misako, Cyrus Borg and Ronin. They would either stay in one spot, (like Dareth's Mojo Dojo for instance), or if Ninjago had become a apacolypse like state, they would be forced to journey around.

Since The Ninja were long gone, Lord Garmadon would have nothing to hold him back from conquering Ninjago with the Serpentine army at his disposal. Lloyd would most probably become the symbol of any rebellion group that might form due to the takeover, kinda like Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games.

During the Final Battle, (which would happen sooner, with the Ninja Dead and Garmadon controlling Ninjago) would be extremely fierce. While Lord Garmadon would try not to hurt his son, Lloyd would be filled with anger towards his dad for killing the Ninja, showing no mercy to the man he once called..... Father.

How does the Final Battle end? How could life return to normal after so much bad had happened? That, I cannot answer. You, and only you, can decide that for yourself.

"I'm sorry that this is SO LONG, but I got hit by this idea and had to type it down before I forgot it. If you wanna make a AU book (about what would Ninjago be like if Lord Garmadon killed the Ninja), you may! I'd love to read it, so please tag me in! Thanks for reading! Now, if you don't mind, I have to go make sure Garmadon doesn't kill Sensei Wu over Wusako."

"WU!!!! IM GONNA KILL YOU!!!!!" Sensei Garmadon yelled, chasing after Sensei Wu with a katana. Sensei Wu screamed, running by my bedroom door,"HEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP MMMMMEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!" A few seconds later, Misako ran by as she yelled to Sensei Garmadon, "HONEY, CALM DOWN!!!" I facepalmed before waving, "Byeeeeeeeeee!!!!!"

#BringSenseiGarmadonBack (idk, this is what happens when I get a sugar high, XD)