Zombie Apocalypse Survival

5/13/2017

I was talking to myself this morning about Zombies and what to do and not to. Then I thought, "Hey, why not give some advice to my followers on Wattpad?" So, here we go! XD

MY SURVIVAL TIPS ON SURVIVING A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE

CITY VS COUNTRY

If any of you have watched a zombie Apocalypse movie or TV series, like the Walking Dead, then you KNOW that going to the city is not a good idea! I repeat, it's NOT a good idea! What are in large cities, like New York City and San Francisco? People who will most likely be turned into zombies or who have already been turned into the Undead. If your in a city and the Zombie Apocalypse begins, GET OUT OF THE CITY!!! The countryside​ is a whole lot safer simply because of one thing; less people. Sure, you'll still going to run into zombies, but at least your not gonna be encountering an army size zombie pack.... Hopefully.

TEAM VS LONER

There are pros and cons to everything your gonna be doing in a zombie Apocalypse. Being in a team or not being in a team is one of them. Being in a team is safer, (strength and safety in numbers), but if there is not a ton of food for everyone, there may be conflict over supplies and ideas on what to do or where to go. Being alone means that you have no one to watch your back, but also means you can have all the food if you find food. I'd rather be in a team, than being alone, cause lets face it; eventually, your gonna go crazy if the only creatures you intact with are Zombies and animals (which would most likely be your food). Just remember though; WHAT IS BEST FOR YOUR SURVIVAL?

FAMILY VS STRANGERS (if you join a team)

Ok, so let's say you've decided to join a team! Good for you! Now, which team do you wanna be in? One team with your family/friends, or another team with strangers? Bear in mind, that if your family and friends start dying off due to zombies or crazy people, your gonna be mentally scared for life. Sure, your gonna be mentally shaken anyhow by the stuff that's happening around you, but having to shoot your best friend cause s/he has been bitten is definitely gonna tear you down. Being with strangers is risky; you don't know if there gonna hurt or kill you, but eventually you'll start to bond with said group as your killing zombies and surviving. If you don't have family or friends around, and you wanna join a group, then join a group looking for survivors to join. And now here's something else to keep in mind....

CRAZY OR MENTALLY INSANE PEOPLE

If you've ever watched a zombie Apocalypse movie, you know this is a big deal for your survival. In any bad situation, people will do crazy things to survive. Some people may turn into cannibals, some may become dictators and try to rule a large plot of land and a group of people as if they are king. You'll wanna avoid these groups as much as possible. In some cases, your not gonna have to worry about Zombies; your gonna have to worry about these idiots running around trying to eat, hurt or kill you.

FOOD AND WATER

While the grocery store is a good place to look for food and water, there's bond to be zombies or crazy people inside. I'd suggest learning how to live off of the land; learn how to fish, make a fire, how to purify water, make traps to catch small animals. Also, if you find a house that doesn't have zombies inside, look for food, water, medical stuff, anything that'll help you survive. Technically speaking, that's stealing, but if this is gonna help you survive, then do it. Law is out the window at this point.

FASHION (clothing options)

Some of the things you don't wanna wear are high heels, bright colors, skirts/dresses and revealing clothing. If you can run in high heels, then good for you! High heels however are not made for survival; I'd suggest either wearing boots (military style is probably the best) or sneakers. Something that'll stay on your feet. Wearing bright colors isn't gonna help you from hiding from crazy people; wear dark colors that can be easily hidden among leaves, like black or dark green. If your in a dress or skirt and your running up a flight of stairs to escape some zombies, chances are your gonna fall down and get bitten. No skirts; wear pants or denim jeans. Don't wear revealing clothing, cause that'll make crazy people wanna hurt you more.... In a bad way. Wear modest clothes.

WEAPONS

Learn how to properly use a lot of weapons, like guns, katanas, bow and arrow, axe crossbow, etc. Learn how to maintain such weapons, cause you don't want your weapon breaking down on you. Also be aware of what weapon you wanna use. A gun may be intimidating to crazy people, but most guns are loud, will run out of bullets eventually and will draw Zombies to your location. When fighting zombies, use something quiet, like a bow and arrow or a axe or a katana. Some weapons are even good for other parts in survival; your axe could cut up some needed firewood, or your bow and arrow could kill an animal you can eat. Choice wisely.

TRAVELLING AND ADAPTING

The area your living in May not be the safest place to stay; you may be in a city or in a large populated area. Travelling is important, both if zombies or crazy people are nearby, or if food and water runs out. When travelling, keep your guard up; you don't know if you turn around a corner, and run headlong into a zombie pack. Be aware of your surroundings and try to adapt to the land you are in.

ZOMBIES TYPES AND STUDY

If your a big nerd into zombies, you know there's gonna be different types of zombies if a Apocalypse occurs. Running zombies, crawling zombies, limping zombies, baby zombies; the list goes on and on. Studying zombies in movie right now will hopefully prepare you for life within a zombie Apocalypse. But also study zombies and keep a journal on them if you can. Who knows! Your findings and studies may help someone create a cure for the zombie virus!

BACKPACK AND STUFF INSIDE

Keeping a backpack with you is important. You can put stuff inside it for travel and can carry more items with a backpack on your back. Keep in mind that your backpack, like your clothes, shouldn't be too bright in color; the color should be dark to help you stash it away if you need to. Be aware of what your putting in your backpack; if it isn't gonna help you survive, then you shouldn't carry it with you. Look up online things to put in a bug out bag for more ideas for your backpack.

DON'T BE A JERK

Don't do something stupid to another survivor, unless that person is being a jerk or a threat to your survival. You don't know if that dude or girl has some friends who'll hunt you down for messing around for their friend. Seriously, don't be a idiot. Just, don't.

DEALING WITH A MISTAKE

Eventually, your gonna make a mistake wether you like it or not. Maybe you trusted someone, and they turned out to be a danger to your safety. Maybe you didn't look for zombies in a house and are now one of the bedroom, a zombie pounding on the door. You may wanna sit in a corner and cry, and it's ok to cry. But once your done crying, get back up and continue to survive. A lessons learned the hard way, is a lesson learned.

HYGIENE

Don't worry about body odor in an Apocalypse; that isn't entirely important to your survival. But do worry about your teeth. If you don't have teeth, your gonna have to rely on soft food in order to survive, meaning you won't be able to eat a lot of foods, like meat or jerky. Brush your teeth; you'll thank yourself later.

FIGHTING BACK

Let's say a crazy person has pulled a knife on you. Your unarmed and are backed into a corner. You'll wanna know some form of fighting at this point, like karate or jiu jitsu. Don't go for groin; go for the knee cap. Breaking the knee cap will turn the tide of the fight to your favor. Aim for weak points on a person, like their throat, armpit, kneecap. Heck, even use your nails or teeth to fight back! If it helps you escape a person, unhurt, then go for it! Don't play nice.

LAW AND ORDER

Eventually, civilization will begin to rebuild itself. Sure, it may not be like today's day and age, but people will begin to rebuild civilization in an attempt for law and order to reign. Don't try to stop this; embrace it. Follow the rules and laws they put up, unless they're going towards a dictatorship like agenda, or if it threatens your safety. Help rebuild civilization. Help to rebuild to have a life again.

Ok, I think that's it. I'm sorry that this is so long; I had so many ideas! XD Just remember, your safety is the most important thing. If something goes against your safety, don't do it. Ok? Ok, thank you for reading! (And let's hope a Zombie Apocalypse doesn't happen, yes? XD)