XII; FRACTURES

.*•.☼.•*.☼.•*.

THE WORLD WAS FALLING apart and there was nothing Asteria could do about it. Finn was dying, and even if she didn't care that much about him, she didn't think that they needed to lose someone else.

And then, there was the other person hanging between the fine line of life and death, someone she cared about. Lincoln, a grounder who was too kind for the delinquents to realize. A warrior with no fear of fighting and no wish of committing an injustice through hard, cold acts.

While a storm was happening outside the dropship, it was no match for the hurricane of desperate people inside it. Some didn't care enough, others were looking for the chance to communicate with the people that were still in the Ark, Clarke and Raven were trying to save Finn and Bellamy and his crew was tying up the unconscious grounder, with Asteria amongst them.

  Miller and another boy whose name she couldn't remember were strapping down Lincoln close to the wall, and Asteria was staring at Bellamy like trying to kill him with her gaze.

  "What do you think you are doing?" Asteria asked him, whispering.

  "I told you already," He sighed. "I want answers. I can't believe you are not siding with me on this after all the days they chased you."

  "Bellamy, I want answers too." She replied, eager to tell him why she was being like this. "But we shouldn't give them another reason to kill all of us."

  "They don't care about reasons," He remarked her statement. "They just want us dead. We have to fight back."

"That's not equal to kidnapping the one grounder who helped you, I—Bellamy, we have to let him go."

"I'm not arguing with yo—" He was interrupted by the sound of Lincoln trying to release himself from the knots around his wrists. "Tie him tighter. The last thing we need is this bastard getting free because you screwed up."

  As Bellamy walked away from her, she couldn't help but look at her old friend with the saddest eyes anyone ever saw.

  She felt powerless, unable to do anything to help him, small and fragile compared to everyone else. She wanted to scream at the top of her lungs the truth about the man being punished, the same truth that saved her and now burned her deep inside her.

  "I told you he was protecting me," Octavia stated while arguing with her brother. "You didn't have to do this."

  "Won't you look at that?" Asteria remarked. "Someone has a brain besides me here."