XV; START OVER

.*•.☼.•*.☼.•*.

THE NERVOUSNESS WAS eating Asteria up. She was biting her nails, leaving them way too short, and pacing outside the tent with the screen that connected them to the Ark.

Bellamy and Clarke were inside, talking to the Chancellor to see if both he and the sky girl could be pardoned for their crimes as the rest of the delinquents.

The oldest Blake came out of the tent along with Clarke, both with huge grins on their faces.

"Are we out of the woods?" Asteria practically yelled at them.

"We're in the woods actually but," Bellamy paused his sentence to create suspense, as Asteria grew more and more nervous. "Yeah, we are clean."

She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding, relieved to hear some good news finally. She wasn't completely sure of staying, but now she knew she could without being floated.

Her chest felt weightless compared to what it was before talking to Bellamy. Asteria had been holding everything back since she landed on the ground. Her mask didn't exist anymore, and even if that was not necessarily good, it wasn't bad either.

"Your dad is waiting in there," Clarke told her smiling. "You should talk to him."

Asteria's mind was divided. A part of her yearned to talk to him, to ask how he's been and talk about a solar storm, she just wanted to hear her father's voice. The other half was afraid that he'll never forgive her.

As she walked into the camera's vision, the old man's face lit up with joy and his eyes were shining like the purest diamond.

"Hello dad," She said, sitting down and fixing her hair like she was still five years old. "Uh, how are you?"

Her hands were shaking along with her voice, feeling as nervous as a kid does before acting on their school's play. She was looking at the screen while playing with her hands and her hair, incapable of being quiet at the moment.

"You haven't changed a bit," He told her smiling, remembering the times where she would be nervous to even ask for something. Maybe what she was asking for, in a way, was forgiveness. "I'm okay, same old job and same old stories. How are you? You—you must have many things to tell your old man. I can't wait to go down there and hear them in the flesh."

"I'm okay, I mean, I can't remember what being up there was like anymore basically," She joked, making both of them laugh. But it was all an act, she couldn't break in front of the man she broke herself. She thought that was too selfish. "But, yeah I do have a lot of stories you know. You are going to love Earth."

"I'm going to love any place I get to see my little Asteria." The man confessed, with a few tears glimmering in his eyes and a smile as pure as the sky.