Chapter Three: You're In My Spot

ابدأ من البداية

"Whoa, wait, you're gay?" the teen raised a hand to stop me. I sighed loudly and nodded. "Okay, go on" He waved his hand as a sign to keep going. I rolled my eyes and continued. "Unfortunately, he has a girlfriend," I muttered darkly. "Harsh…" Anubis mumbled. I glared at him and he raised his hands in surrender. "Anyways, I have this other friend from another camp and he knows about my feelings. I talk to him sometimes when I'm worried or if I feel like I need to," I left out the part where I cry and break down. It doesn't look good for my posture right now. "But this night, Percy, my crush, started to worry about me being distant. Then a miracle happened," My voice raise in sarcasm and venom.

The younger god furrowed his eyebrows in interest. "His girlfriend came to visit me and asked how I've been feeling," I growled lowly. "Then along came the hero and tried to make me feel better. I shadow travelled to my other friend's camp and in his cabin. I told him to ignore the questions Annabeth, Percy's girlfriend, would be asking him in attempt to 'try and help me'. Obviously because the problem is the both of them" I looked back at the older boy to see if he's still listening. His eyes were full of understanding and it comforted me to know someone's not judging me right now. His transfixing orbs caught mine. Brown to black. He smiled calmly, not breaking our eye contact.

"Percy and Annabeth iris messages my friend. Iris message is like Skype through a mist" I explained when he tilted his head. "As I said, they tried asking my friend and I had enough of it. I shadow travelled again and I landed here. I can only shadow travel at a maximum of two times since a lot of energy is needed for it. So I'm practically stuck here till tomorrow" I ended. The older boy stayed quiet before leaning back on the bench. "You've taken it hard. It's good to know you have someone to talk to about your problems. It helps relieve anxiety sometimes" he said. I nodded in agreement.

The leaves on the trees rustled as cold air hit us again. I breathed in and shivered a bit. Tugging my aviator jacket closer to me, I nearly panicked when I found out I left my sword in my cabin after running away from the couple. Great, the last thing I need is a bunch of harpies or whatever attacking me. Sensing me worry, Anubis clamped a hand on my shoulder. "Nothing's going to get you here. I'll protect you, don't worry." He reassured me. Okay? One minute, we were strangers, now he's offering his life to protect me. How endearing…. and unusual. I sighed in relief and figured to not look into it too much. Hey, at least I gained a friend.

My mouth opened and stifled a yawn before my eyes started to droop. I grimaced and blinked hard, forcing the sleep out of my eyes. It was hard trying not to sleep with the cold air brushing past us and the moon's light gazing down on us. "Y'know," Anubis started, "My friend has this apartment I'm currently staying in. Since he left, there's another spare room. I could let you crash in for the night" he offered. I was about to decline when I remembered I felt too tired to shadow travel back. Swallowing my protest, I nodded.

"Thanks", I mumbled. We got up and he led me to his apartment. Upon arriving, he showed me where I'll be staying and even offered clothes to change. I'm surprised I'm this welcomed in his place. I thanked him again. After showering, I changed into his clothes. Maybe I could get used to this. I smiled to myself as I slid in the sheets of the bed.

Percy's POV

Sunlight filled my cabin and bothered me to wake up. Groaning, I pulled the pillow closer to me to block the rays of sunshine. I nuzzled into the soft material and sighed. Apollo, feeling cocky, made sure the sunlight shone bright. I groaned, yet again, and threw the pillow across the room. "Okay, okay. I'm up" I mumbled. I sat up and stretched for the whole world to see. Blinking several times, I remembered what Annabeth and I planned to do today. I got to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, fixed my hair and changed into another shirt then I'm out! I walked down the steps of my cabin and trekked down the path to the dining hall for breakfast. I frowned, recalling the events of last night.