The Nexus Awakens

New music video! This one is for my original track, "The Nexus Awakens."

In case anyone is interested in a little "behind the scenes" trivia...

The one holding the camera is my good friend Yuuhiko (and incidentally, is also the same Yuuhiko that provided the cover for the Genomics Trilogy). I had only a couple of days in the area, so we didn't have time to explore locations. Fortunately, we were able to find this nice little spot only a few minutes away from our houses, so we took a day, schlepped our equipment out there, and shot this little video. 

Why the black and white? Well...honestly, it was because the original video was overexposed, and we wanted to find a way to salvage the footage as we didn't have a whole lot of it. But in the end, I think it actually created some cool looking shots! 

Some people may have noticed the odd number of strings on my violin. You've not counted wrong—that is indeed a 5-string electric! This particular one is a 5-string red-marbled Bridge Lyra. It's actually made of some carbon-kevlar composite, so...that thing might actually be bulletproof! Fortunately for me, the body of the instrument is actually hollow, so it's not as heavy as might be expected. 

That's all I can think of...but if anyone wants to know more, just leave a comment, I'd be happy to talk more details :)