04. Footsteps and Memories

🌹🌹🌹🌹

Rose's Pov

The bell rang.

School was out for the day. Kids were running down the hall, pushing others, and then they were out of the door.

I wasn't one of those kids that did that, instead, I stayed back until there was very few of us students left. I don't know why I did that; I think I just felt more calm. At peace. There wasn't barely any commotion when I walked down the hall by myself. There was silence. And I liked silence.

A student ran by me, bumping me a little, and ran outside. Some of my books fell out of my hands as he did that. I didn't mind though; he probably didn't even see me. If I was him I wouldn't have seen me either.

I started to pick of my books when I heard really loud footsteps coming my way.

Black boots... Stomp... stomp... A man.... Screaming... Laughing... Cold.... More stomping. Louder... Louder...!

No, I thought as I clutched my books to my chest and started to walk faster. I will not think about that memory. Ever. I was almost to the door when someone put their hand on my shoulder; I didn't know I was crying as I felt something watery and salty fall in my mouth. "Please...please! No more! Stop! Please...!"

"Rose! Rose! It's me!"

Someone was shaking me and that made me cry even harder, but I wouldn't open my eyes. I was too afraid. "No! Please! Let go of me!" I was now punching the person hoping that they would just leave.

But they didn't.

"Rose! Rose! It's me! Francis! Open your eyes!" The person yelled and I realized who it was. I slowly opened my eyes to look at Francis who was staring at me with round eyes that were etched with worry.

What have I done?

I looked around there were only a couple of students staring at me and I noticed that Jeremy was one of them. He was staring right at me and his face was blank. He probably thought I was a freak. I pursed my lips together, blinked, and started to walk out the door. I didn't even bother to stop when Francis was yelling at me. I just wanted to go home.

"Rose wait! Wait!" She ran in front of me and pulled me to her car. We both got in. I was staring out of the window. I couldn't face looking at her knowing what just happened. I know she will want some answers that I'm not willing to answer...yet.

Francis started the car. "Rose, please look at me," she softly said.

I shook my head. "No," I whispered softly. "I can't."

"Please..."

I heard the worry in her voice as she fumbled through her purse. Slowly, I looked her way. I'm sure my face was red and my eyes puffy. I managed to put a small smile on my face. "There is nothing to worry about; I'm fine. I just want to go home now."

Francis frowned and shook her head. "You're lying, Rose, I know when you are," she said with a small smile on her face but then she turned serious. "What happened in the hall, Rose?"

"Nothing," I said too quickly.

Francis rolled her eyes. "It was something. The way you were screaming and crying and kicking me no one cries like that unless—" her voice stopped and she stared at me.

My breathing picked up. Does she...? "Un-unless w-what?"

She blinked and shook her head. "Never mind it couldn't be true," she smiled and then we were pulling out of the parking lot.

The drive was silent beside Francis tapping her fingers on the wheel. We pulled in my driveway and as I was about to get out, Francis stopped me.

"Rose tell me what happened. Now!" Her voice was stern.

"Nothing happened, okay!" My voice was raised now as I stared at her. "I'm fine, okay! I had a meltdown; everyone has those."

"Goddamit, Rose! Just tell me what happened!"

My breathing was hard. This was not how I planned on telling someone. "No! Because nothing fucking happened! So just mind you own damn business! I don't have to tell you everything, okay?" I was out of the car now gripping the door. Francis just stared at me. I shook my head. "Nothing...happened. Just believe me."

And I wanted to believe the words coming out of my mouth but the truth is something did happen; I was just too scared to admit it.

🌸🌸🌸🌸

"Please...," I cried trying to move. "Please! Stop! No no no no!"

He moved faster covering my mouth as he went deeper and deeper; breaking me even more apart. "Shut up!" He growled. "Ohh you feel so good my flower. So good..." His hands left my mouth as they explored other parts of me and his mouth met mine. I could smell the alcohol on his lips as he kissed me, hard. My lips stayed still as her ferociously kissed them.

Tears were running down my face as he flipped me over on my stomach slapping me. "No...! Please...!" But he didn't listen to my cries as he thrust in...

🌸🌸🌸🌸

Comment, vote and share!

Love you! ❤ Stay Strong