Chapter 36: Caught

Začít od začátku

"See? Told you it would be much more painful." Wit teased.

How could they do this to someone? Torture them like this? It wasn't human.

Tears rolled down my face as I tried to think of anything else. All I could do was hope that someone would find me, some how, and help. I needed help. 

"Just for not answering one question, you won't be able to walk." Wit shrugged and motion Maisy to go on. 

"Okay, so next question." Maisy came behind me and placed her hands on my shoulders. "Tell me, how long Spot has been here in Brooklyn."

I searched in my mind, but I didn't not know that answer either. I quickly glanced up at Wit holding the knife. I was afraid to answer the question.

"Please, I's swear I's don't know!" I pleaded. 

Too late to think, Wit with a quick motion, punched me in the stomach. It was hard enough that it knocked the wind out of me. I hunched over and gasped for air for a few seconds. Once I gained my breaths again, I looked up and saw the two standing in front of me. They starred at me with their cold, evil look. 

"Okay, time for plan B." Maisy turned on her heels and started to walk out of the dark basement. 

"Where are you now going?" Wit asked, rolling his eyes. 

"You'll see honey, I know the right thing to get her talking." Maisy winked at me.

"No, please don't!" I yelled. Water streamed from my eyes. "Please." 

"Oh honey, your too late to change plans. You already chose the path you want to take." And she walked up the stairs.

She was going to get Jack. I was hoping he wasn't stupid enough to fall for any tricks she put in front of him, but Jack sometimes had a dull spot. I was scared, for me, Jack, and Spot. These people were dangerous.

Wit bent down. "Not sure where my girl went, but it got you worried, didn't it?" 

He traced my face with the knife. I shut my eyes tight and tried pulling away from him. The pain in my leg would not go away, and I didn't have the guts to look down at it. I knew it was bad, and soon it would be infected if not treated. 

"Well, I guess we'll just wait around for a while." Wit grabbed a piece of cloth that had been hanging on another chair that was placed down there and walked closer to me. "And, I want you to save your voice for later."

He then tied the cloth around my mouth, securing it on so tight in the back, it hurt. He then moved the chair for it to be directly in front of me and sat in it. His eyes pierced me, and I looked away quickly. I caught him twirling the knife in his hands. The knife was not red with my blood. I tried not to look, but ever so often it would catch my eye. 

I was so tired. I once started to doze off, and I guess Wit did not like that. He stood up and slapped my hard across my face, screaming at me to wake up. My mind focused on Spot. I wondered if he was out there looking for me, or not even realizing I was gone for this long. I miss him. Why did I have to say those last words to him? What if those were the last words I ever said to him...

Just then, we heard a loud noise upstairs. It was the sound of a door being slammed open. It surprised me because all the time I was here, I never heard anything up there, but I heard everything going on. There was yelling and lots of footsteps. 

"What the hell?" Wit stood up slowly.

I then heard a loud voice. "Is she down here?"

Was it, Spot? My heart raced just at the thought. It sounded like him.