Chapter 29: Girls Night Out

I woke up to Jack snoring. He was pretty loud. I rubbed my eyes and looked around. As usual, I was up before any one else. The sun wasn't even rising yet. I pushed the sheets off me and slipped on my boots. I walked into the washroom and stepped in front of the mirror. Even though it's been a few days since the whole thing with Harry, my face looked tired. It could also be that I haven't been sleeping much at night. I woke up a few times during the night in a cold sweat. It must have been nightmares. I picked up a small brush I found on the counter and began to try to brush out my tangled hair. I then pushed my hair together and pulled it up into my cap tightly. 

I looked out the dusty windows and saw the sun began to shine. I looked over at the boys and saw they were all still sleeping. I turned back to the mirror and scoffed. I was a girl living with a bunch of guys, and I finally realized how weird this was. I just laughed at myself. I've been living here my entire life with these boys, they weren't just my friends, they were my family. They were the ones I ran to when I was in trouble, the ones who cared about me. As I was lost in thought, Crutchy must have gotten up.

"Heya Finn, whatcha doin'?" He limped over to me.

"Oh, heya Crutchy," I chuckled. "Nothin, jus thinkin'."

He stood next to me. "Ya know, yous strong Finn."

I smiled. "Awh, thanks Crutch." I shoved his shoulder a bit.

He chuckled. "And, wes grown up togetha, right?"

I nodded.

"I knows ya, and I's neva seen ya so happy." He said.

"Yeah, well, everythin is finally comin' togetha." I told him.

"Yeah, and yous and Spot are gettin' pretty close, eh?" He smirked.

I laughed and rolled my eyes. "How does everyone know!"

"Hey, when someone dates the King of Brooklyn, it's huge news around New York." Crutchy tapped my leg lightly with his crutch. "Beside, Spot can use a girl like ya, any guy is lucky to have ya Finn." He winked at me.

"Yous da best Crutch." I gave him a hug. Some other boys were up and came into the washroom.

"Well, let me get rollin' before everyone else is up and out." He said turning away. "The early bird gets the worm!" He said, waving his crutch in the air.

I chuckled and checked myself out in the mirror one last time before I turned away. I walked over to my bed and Jack was still sound asleep. I debated on waking him up or not, and I decided not to. He's had a pretty busy week and probably hasn't gotten much sleep like me. I walked down stairs and greeted Mr. Kloppman. I then walked out the doors and saw Sarah walking towards the lodging house.

"Hey Sarah!" I waved at her. She saw me and waved back. We gave each other a hug. "Whatcha doin' here tis early?"

"Well, I was hoping to see Jack before I head off to work, but, I guess he's not up yet." She said.

We both laughed. "Nah, he's a pretty heavy sleepa, plus he's had a long week so I's think he's tryin to catch up on sleep."

Sarah nodded. "So, how are you feeling? I never got to ask you after the whole thing with Queens."

"I's feelin' good, a lot betta afta resting for a few days." I told her.

"That's good." She smiled. "Oh, and, how's you and Spot?" She giggled.

"Oh my god Sarah!" I exclaimed.

"What! I'm excited!" She told me. We both laughed.

"Well, it's goin' good..."