"I'll, um...I'll just be on my way then." Robin cleared his throat, nodding toward the trio before heading out with his jacket. It was Gemma's turn to start crying, tears of joy mostly, as she wrapped her younger brother in for a hug. Harry groaned, rolling his eyes behind his sister as she hugged him and Anne giggled a little. "He's gone, Harry! Know what that means?" Gemma beamed, sniffing a little. "What?" Harry frowned. "You can finally get Zayn back." Gemma said and Harry's face fell. "He was with a guy last night." Harry protested and at was Gemma's turn to roll her eyes. "Yeah, because you stupidly told him you didn't love him anymore." Gemma scowled, flicking the corner of Harry's hair.

Harry groaned, sauntering into the kitchen. "What do I do, Gem?" Harry asked sadly as he washed his hands. "For starters, I wouldn't be sitting around moping in here." Gemma shrugged and Harry frowned a little. "But he won't take me back. Not after last night. You don't know what he said." Harry protested and Gemma rolled her eyes. "Look, you won't know if you never try, yeah? Chop, chop!" Gemma clapped her hands and ushered Harry out the door.

---

Zayn lay on Josh's chest, sleeping. When he woke up, his head was throbbing. He peeled his eyes open, surrounded by darkness. He shuffled around to see Josh and noticed that he now had a black/blue swollen eye from Harry. Zayn groaned and sat up a little bit. He realised now he was back in his own place. He hadn't been in his own place since...well, since Harry left. He spotted a wet flannel lying on the table, Zayn must've been helping Josh last night. He reached over for it and turned back round, dabbing the flannel over Josh's eye.

Josh winced, jumping in fright and his eyes shot open, staring back at Zayn. He smiled fondly and lazily, letting Zayn tend to him. Josh reached over, his fingers tracing lightly over Zayns face, his jaws, sending goose bumps on Zayns skin. "I like what you did back there last night. Standing up for Harry. Nobody would ever have the guts to say that to him." Josh admitted and Zayn smiled a little.

"Yeah, well. I've been told I know Harry more than anybody now. Now I'm not so sure." Zayn replied and Josh felt a little sorry for Zayn. "Why did you agree to go out with him in the first place?" Josh asked curiously and Zayn sighed. "It's not like I had much choice. Harry's very controlling, I'm sure you all ready know that. Anyway, I...I was intruded by him. He's unlike any other guy I've ever met. He's...fascinating. He's done things for me nobody's ever done for me before." Zayn whispered and Josh nodded. "Love is weird..." Josh mumbled and Zayn couldn't help laughing in agreement.

"What about you? Have you ever loved someone?" Zayn pressed and Josh's body went rigid, avoiding Zayns gaze. Zayn dropped the flannel, gazing at Josh intensively. "Josh?"

"It's only fair I tell you now, since you told me about Harry. But, uh...I'm a little sensitive about it." Josh admitted shyly and Zayns smile faded. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to-"

"No, I do." Josh interrupted and Zayn closed his mouth, listening.

"My ex...he was a lot like you. Beautiful. Smart. Humble. Kind. Stubborn. Wouldn't take no for a answer." Josh admitted and Zayn chuckled. "One day, me and his mates, we...we decided to do something really stupid. Car racing. But, uh...we were a little drunk. Dylan, he...he was most drunk out of us. I shouldn't have let him go through with it. There was a crash, and...he didn't make it..." Josh trailed off, bowing his head as he picked on the fabric of Zayns jeans.

Zayn was silent, unsure of what to say. "When did he...?"

"About a year ago? During the summer." Josh explained and Zayn sighed sadly. "I'm sorry." Zayn apologised but Josh shook his head. "It's all right. You didn't know."

"Did you know, last night is the only time I've been properly out since then? I've not really wanted to do anything else, to be honest. I'm still trying to get over him, but...I just can't. I meant it when I said he was a lot like you. I suppose...that's why I went for you. You reminded me of him. And I guess that's not really helping." Josh let out a nervous laugh and Zayn bit his lip.

"At least you're trying though. It's a start." Zayn said, sounded positive and Josh's lips twitched a little. "I'm sorry for giving you that pathetic sob story...you probably have a lot on your plate." Josh laughed nervously again. "I don't actually." Zayn frowned, realising that thought.

"Look, I could help you get over him. If you want me to, that is." Zayn added and Josh smiled. "That would help. Thank you." Josh beamed, cupping the side of Zayns face and kissing his forehead. Zayn smiled, staring into Josh's eyes when the door flew open and Harry stood in the door way. Zayn gulped and Josh froze. Zayn let go of Josh, carefully dropping his hand on his lap.

Harry's eyes fell on Josh's swollen one, immediately feeling guilty. He stood self-cautiously in front of them, hands crossed. Zayn sighed, lifting up the flannel to Josh's face. "Here, keep that held against your face. To stop the swelling." Zayn instructed and Josh did as he was told. "I could leave if you want-"

"No, it's fine. I'll be in the kitchen if you need me." Zayn interrupted and Harry followed Zayn into the kitchen. "Come to apologise, have you?" Zayn asked coldly as Josh was out if earshot. "To you or to Josh?" Harry challenged and Zayn scoffed. "You're unbelievable." Zayn shook his head, chucking the empty tea bag box in the bin.

"You slept with him then?" Harry asked coldly and Zayn rolled his eyes. "I think the little stunt you pulled stopped us from doing that actually." Zayn admitted and Harry gulped, resisting the urge to be angry.

"So why are you here then, if you're not apologising?" Zayn asked, perching himself on the stool. "I came here to explain." Harry admitted and Zayn nodded encouragingly.

"You probably don't remember this, but...my dad came back a couple of weeks ago. Gemma warned me." Harry began and Zayn frowned. "I realised that...I couldn't protect you and my family at the same time."

"So you decided that your family was more important? Which is understandable, I mean-"

"No! It's not that at all. I-my dad couldn't know about you. At all. If he did, he'd be a lot like your dad. Violent. Aggressive. That's why I had to let you go. I couldn't bear the thought of my own dad laying one finger on you. He's already done it to me." Harry whispered and Zayn frowned again. "Why didn't you just tell me? It would've avoided all sorts of confusion and-"

"Because I knew you'd go looking for him. He wasn't an easy man, Zayn. I couldn't let you go, not like that. The less my dad knew about you, the better. And vice versa." Harry shrugged and Zayn huffed. "You told me you didn't love me." Zayn have Harry a sad look. "I know. I figured if I told you that, it'd be the only way you'd let me go. You believed me so easily." Harry croaked, sounding hurt.

"I had no reason to believe otherwise. All we did those past few weeks was fight. Especially with...what happened with Jai and all. It only made sense for you to you not love me. Louis said it himself. He was tired of us fighting all the time." Zayn explained, his voice cracking at the end and he moved away from Harry to make another tea, his back turned to him.

Harry couldn't help smiling a little. He strolled over to him, wrapping his arms around his waist from behind and resting his chin on Zayns shoulder. Zayn gasped, enjoying the sheer familiar warmth of Harry. "I've always loved you, Z. Always. And I'll never stop." Harry spoke softly, kissing just below Zayns jaw. "That's why you gave me the necklace back."

"That's why I gave you it back." Harry repeated, reassuring Zayn. Zayn couldn't help smiling at the thought, blood rushing to his cheeks. "Is this for Josh?" Harry guessed and Zayn nodded. "Okay." Harry kissed Zayn on the cheek before heading back into the living room.

Josh was fast asleep on the sofa, his hand pressed half-heartedly against the flannel as he snored softly. Zayn couldn't help smirking at the adorable sight, Josh's t-shirt riding up to his middle. "Man, he's fit." Harry admitted in a whisper and Zayn raised a playful eyebrow. "You really know how to pick 'em, babe." Harry teased playfully and Zayn scoffed. "Don't flatter yourself." Zayn whispered back, removing the flannel from Josh's face and setting it back on the coffee table.

"Guess this tea's for me then." Harry shrugged, pressing the cup to his lips before sauntering back into the kitchen, Zayn following after.

_____________________

Hi guys I just want to say thank you so much for your lovely, supportive messages! Also, DON'T ASK ME TO UPDATE. I honestly don't know how many times I have to say this. Anyway, what do you guys think? Team Jayn or team Zarry? :) I imagined Kellan Lutz or the guy who played Finnick O'Dair as Josh...don't know why. Anyway, let me know what you think! COMMENT, COMMENT, COMMENT!