Chapter 1 [Rewrite]

Third Person POV
Ichimatsu was raised in a harsh environment, to say the least. The orphanage he was abandoned at was cramped and run down. It got cold at night, rain was as bad as the Winter and Summer was unbearably hot.  That wasn't the worst part though. The worst part was the fact that when kids got beat up by other kids, or talked down to by the caretakers, no one cared. Especially when it came to Ichimatsu. He was the outcast, the freak. Labeled as such by everyone else even though he was a  perfectly normal twelve year old boy other than his obsessive love for cats, which is fine.

One time, Ichimatsu got a particularly bad beating. There were three kids, his main bullies: No name 1, 2 and three, dubbed by Ichimatsu. He didn't care enough to remember their names.

No name 1, the "leader" started the whole ordeal with a swift side kick to Ichimatsu's left hip. He crashed into a nearby wall, bracing himself for the next oncoming attack. He never fought back. Ichimatsu considered it more times than he can count, but he didn't want them to blame him. He would get in a lot of trouble, resulting in him missing meals for five whole days.

Ichimatsu wasn't given a lot of food anyhow. Which was also a reason as to why he didn't defend himself. He was skinny and weak.

The kicks and punches just kept coming, like a tsunami crashing against a dam until it finally broke.

Ichimatsu was pretty sure he had a few cracked ribs, nothing that hadn't happened before. Geez those kids kicked hard. Ichimatsu wondered if they were in some kind of kick boxing club? Actually, the orphanage was too poor (or too cheap) to pay for that.

Ichimatsu felt himself getting picked up by the scruff of his torn purple shirt. He was dragged a few meters before being dropped into the floor. It was harder than the floorboards, so he could assume they were in the Kitchen.

Probably easier to cleanup the mess this way. That doesn't make sense though, since I'll have to clean it up.

Ichimatsu didn't have time to dwell on it for very long as the beating continued. Occasionally, he would cough some blood up, the attackers complained that it was disgusting.

Then stop beating me.

It could have been an hour, a minute, Ichimatsu didn't know. But what he did know was that he had enough. He was tired of being treated like a piece of trash, tired of picking up the pieces that he was shattered into again and again. Tired of the abuse.

"S-stop!" Ichimatsu croaked.

"Stop? Why would we stop!" No name 2 laughed, joined by his companions not a moment later.

Ichimatsu flinched. He tried to blink away his tears. He needed to be strong. He understood that if he didn't do anything this would never stop.

"Aww is the baby gonna cry? Well who are ya gonna cry to? Your parents?! They didn't care enough about you, so they left you here, in this run down place!" No name 3 made a crying motion with his hands. Wa wa wa, he "cried".

Ichimatsu grimaced, clutching the nearest cabinet before hauling himself into his shaking legs. His ribs cried out in protest, but he ignored it. Ichimatsu felt around the counter, looking for anything that could get him out of the situation.

They laughed again.

And again.

And again.

Over and over and over, it never stopped.

So he laughed his own tune.

Ichimatsus laugh started as a chuckle, before turning into full maniacal laughter. After all theses years, he finally snapped.

He grabbed a handle that he felt on the counter and stabbed the nearest boy. Ichimatsu was aiming for his throat, to provide the boy with a quick, but painful death. Instead, Ichimatsu struck the boys sternum. Ichimatsu quickly pulled out the knife, watching with a sadist glee when No Name 2s body dropped onto the floor.

While No Name 2 was bleeding out, the remaining two let out a startled screech. They ran in different directions, one around to the hall and the other to the living room. It was futile though. The place was too small to provide for any decent hiding spots.

The commotion stirred the rest of the orphanage, prompting Ichimatsu to kill all of them with a quick slash to the throat. He looked mildly guilty when he cut down a pair of twins that were nice to him in his time here. For a little while anyway.

Once Ichimatsu found the other two, he gave them a slow, painful death. Disemboweling one while dismembering the other.

Today is a good day.

Ichimatsu limped out the back door, knife still in hand.