08. Food For Thought

Start from the beginning

His searched around the room for Jessica, but he couldn't see her anywhere and could only hear her humming laughter echoing around the bar. He got an eerie feeling from her laugh. It felt like death was at his doorstep and ready to take his soul.

His fists tightened into balls, ready to attack, and objects around the room started to rattle. He stepped his right foot down, and the second his boot impacted onto the step, he slipped over, his feet flew up into the air, and his backside landed on the steps and thudded down them. His jaw smacked up and down, and he bit into his tongue.

He hissed and groaned, every inch of his body in pain, and his headache was worse than ever. He sat up, his hand snagged on something, and his heart dropped, realising he had set off a tripwire. He looked up to find a bucket tipping over directly above his head, and a sticky substance poured out of it. His entire face cringed as the contents splattered all over him, covering the entirety of his body in green goop.

His blood started to pump around his body; his face turned red as an enraged feeling passed through him. He aggressively flicked his arms, attempting to rid himself of the slimy goop, and wiped his face down.

"JESSICA!"

The entire tavern vibrated from the shockwave of his outburst. Cain chuckled from his leaning position while the rest of the crew, still hidden behind the bar, had burst out laughing. Even the dark and mysterious Elena mustered a smirk at the scenario.

"Did I do something wrong, Captain?"

Kirk's head shot back up to the rafters above. He was fuming, his lips flared, and his amber eyes were filled with fire as he glared up at his little sister.

Jessica sat directly above him in the rafters, her legs swinging playfully as she bit down on her purple nails, an innocent and childish look in her face as she blinked away at her captain.

"What is that?" Kirk pointed towards a white sack cradled on Jessica's lap.

From what he could tell, it looked plush and soft in her grasp, so it wasn't anything heavy. His anger turned to fear as her innocent look turned into the devil's grin. Anything childlike about her instantly disappeared.

"Do you want to find out?"

"No!" he shouted at her. "Now put it away before I lose my temper."

"I think you would like to know."

"I really don't!"

Her hands slowly started to let go of the white sack. Kirk looked horrified.

"Don't you dare!" he screamed at her.

"Oops!" She let go of the sack and covered her mouth, holding back laughter.

The sack landed on his head, and a cloud of white feathers erupted into the air and stuck to the slimy captain, making him look like an ugly chicken. Everyone had fallen over in laughter, and some of his crew was making chicken noises at him.

Kirk's forehead twitched as his veins burst one by one. The room started to rattle, and everyone ducked for cover as objects started flying around.

"JESSICA, YOU'RE DEAD!"

He shot the newly-formed ball of objects up at the rafters, but the girl was already back down on the floor. She laughed to her heart's content as she jumped from tabletop to tabletop, avoiding her pursuing angry brother, who was destroying everything in his path.

Cain shook his head while chuckling to himself. Only Jessica could get away with such a prank. Even though his captain was red with rage, destroying everything in his path, he held back his attacks against Jessica, making sure she wouldn't get hurt.