Lisa soon noticed my change of mood and called it a day.

"Let's get you home, you could audition for The Walking Dead," she joked. I stuck my tongue out in a childish gesture. Lisa laughed in return, punching me lightly on the arm.

However, before we got to her car, we bought ice cream to calm our nerves. Well, I calmed my nerves and Lisa just joined me in eating ice cream for no reason.

"I need to babysit Leo tomorrow," Lisa sighed. She pulled off that I-am-so-annoyed attitude pretty well but I knew that deep down inside she enjoyed it more than throwing around random facts in class. "Do you want to come along and pick him up from prep school?"

"Sure," I answered out of habit. Then I remembered who worked at Leo's prep school. "Actually, no, I-I need to... Like, Phoebe wants to..." I stuttered.

"You mean you don't want to run into Harry?" She just knew me too well which was a good thing half the time. I didn't need many words with her, one look was enough to tell her how I felt. But sometimes it could be a curse as well.

I confirmed her assumption and nodded.

"That's okay, I'll make sure to come over later," Lisa smiled.

"Yey," I fake-cheered which brought me another punch in return.

"Get in the car, butthead," she instructed.

"Ay ay capt'n," I saluted before I got in the car and met the safety arrangements.

We drove in silence for a bit, the radio softly playing in the background, filling the car with some new pop song.

"Actually, could you take me to the library?" I asked Lisa.

She raised an eyebrow but nodded, not questioning anything. She knew I sometimes went to the library to read some books. It was the only place where no one bothered me.

"Here ya go," Lisa said, parking in front of the library only minutes later. "See you tomorrow, Z."

"Bye Lissie," I bid farewell.

It was still early, not even near dinner time yet. I texted Phoebe and let her know I probably won't be home any time soon.

"Hello," I greeted the woman at the front desk before I went upstairs, entering the 'young adults' section.

I shifted through the bookshelves for a few minutes until I took out a book called 'Vampire Academy'. I have seen the movie trailer a few times now and it seemed pretty good. I still had to drag Lisa to the cinema to watch it but I've always forgotten about it.

The blurb pulled me in and I made myself comfortable on the big blue armchair near the window that was separated from the other seats. I was all alone in this corner and silently thanked the universe for the peace that was given.

The first chapter confused me more than anything but the author somehow had to start her story. Before long, I reached chapter 18 and had to change my position due to my numb butt cheeks.

My eyes flickered to the window and I noticed that the sun that had rayed me has long disappeared. I got back up on my feet and walked over to the bookcase I had snatched the book off before. A near clock hanging from the ceiling told me it was 8:39pm.

Debating whether to call my mom to pick me up or to catch a bus, I exited the library. I could catch a bus and walk the little distance from the bus stop, clearing my head. I didn't have my earphones with me which meant I had a silent bus ride ahead of me, not able to enjoy the soothing sound of the engine while I leaned my head against the window, watching the world around me pass by with music playing softly in my ears.