chapter 7

Cancelling my plans with Louis wasn't too hard on him.

He didn't want me to feel like I couldn't breathe so he told me to call him whenever I had time again. And I was perfectly fine with that.

Instead of spending a relaxed evening with my blue-eyed lover, I had to get ready for a group date which was more of a blind date for me.

Excuses to ditch the date ran through my head but nothing would be good enough for Phoebe and Adrian to accept it. Theresa wouldn't even listen.

Speaking of Theresa, she came over an hour before we had to leave. She was dressed in a casual jeans and a t-shirt and Phoebe disapproved of her look.

"I wasn't going to leave like that anyway! Gosh, Phoebe! I want to impress that boy, not scare him off," she hissed. I kept my distance and laughed quietly. Who knew the day would come that shy, little Theresa wanted to impress a boy.

"I really hope so! You're gonna borrow some of my stuff though. Zo dresses like a slut half of the time and that's not the impression Niall should get of you," Phoebe told her.

"I wasn't going to borrow any of her things anyway," Theresa sighed in defeat.

"Excuse me?" I murmured but they didn't hear me. I didn't dress like a slut. People just had a nice look at my cleavage. And half of my ass. Shrugging, I decided to leave those two prudes alone.

"Z, where are you going?" Theresa called in a sing-sang voice.

"I'm getting ready for my blind date that I will totally hate," I said, face-palm.

"You mean the date that you will totally love," Phoebe interrupted. Theresa nodded in agreement.

I didn't bother to answer. Phoebe rummaged through her closet, picking out a few pieces for Theresa to wear.

It took ages but she finally found something 'decent' to wear. I had to admit, she looked great. It was one of Phoebe's nicer summer dresses in a decent red color that didn't immediately made everyone look at it but still caught your eye. The dress went down to her knees and covered most of her chest without making her look like a catholic school girl. It kind of made you want to rip it off. Was it weird for me to think that?

I looked at myself in Phoebe's tall mirror. My pants were short, not because I wanted to flirt with my date – I didn't even know if he was hot – but because I didn't really own anything that covered my ass. Phoebe lent me one of her short-armed black blouses. It was a pretty one so I accepted it.

Phoebe wore a black skinny jeans and a beige blouse. She looked absolutely beautiful.

Both Phoebe and Theresa decided to go "natural". I ignored their "helpful tips" and applied a lot of mascara, black eye shadow, lipstick (which wasn't that red – even I have some limits) and make-up. After my skin was perfectly covered, I sprayed myself with perfume.

My sister and Theresa were both waiting at the door.

"Adrian's gonna pick me up in a few minutes. Mom said you can take her car," Phoebe spoke up, looking at me for the last part.

I nodded and looked at Theresa as if I were waiting for her to get ready. She looked me straight in the eye. Right, I was the one she was waiting for.

We made our way to the cinema in the mall. The mall was unnaturally crowded and I was slightly afraid that we wouldn't get any tickets for the movie. Theresa calmed me down.

"The boys preordered tickets," she assured me.

"What movie are we gonna watch this time?" I curiously asked.