chapter 2

Bright light hit my face.

Did I forget to close the shutter?

Revelation made its way through my brain. I wasn't home. Opening my eyes, I found myself in a big bed with a thin black blanket covering my naked body. I turned around to face a boy with messy brown hair lying next to me. Naked. Right. Louis.

I grinned to myself. My head didn't hurt but I actually didn't expect it. That was the good thing about not drinking that much; you remembered everything and your head didn't ache.

Glancing around, I tried to readjust myself. The small and quite messy room was lit by the sun shining in. The desk I heard being opened yesterday sat in the corner on the right side of the door which wasn't even closed. There were a lot of books on the desk. And small items that just made the mess appear like someone dumped everything of no use in this room. I couldn't identify half of the stuff.

What time is it? I wondered if Louis possessed an alarm clock. Every normal person did.

A quiet cough interrupted my thoughts. Louis shifted in his sleep and turned around on his other side, facing away from me.

Sighing, I got up. I intended to take the blanket with me but Louis had a firm grip on it. Praying that he was still sound asleep, I got up, completely naked. I left the bed without making any noises and looked around for my underwear. I found my panties on a stack of DVDs and quickly put them on. My dress laid at the foot of the bed. I tiptoed around the room, trying to find my bra. It just was nowhere to be found.

I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and concentrated on last night. I remembered Louis throwing my bra somewhere into the room... and my pants flying in the same direction. The stack of DVDs. I made my way back to it but couldn't find my bra anywhere. Confidently, I decided to not leave without a bra on. I kept glancing around but the room being a mess didn't help me find anything.

That's when I noticed that the stack of DVDs, which turned out to be video games, wasn't neatly arranged. It looked like a few have fallen off behind the stack. What is it about boys and video games?

I peeked behind the stack and found more video games that pushed the stack so it wasn't neat anymore. On top of it - thank god! - was my bra. Without hesitance, I put it on, pulling my dress over my head as well.

I quietly quit the room and closed the door behind me. Next step: finding the bathroom. There is no way I could leave without peeing first.

The first door I tried led to a storage room. I considered taking a chocolate bar before deciding against it. It just didn't feel right.

The next door actually led to a nice - and surprisingly clean - bathroom. The toilet lid was open, of course. I quickly got rid of the sultry feeling and flushed the toilet, leaving it exactly as it was. I made my way over to the sink, washed my hands and looked up to face myself in the mirror. The living nightmare stared back. I had more mascara on my cheeks than on my eyelashes and my make-up was slightly rubbed off, showing white spots of my unpurified skin. Yieks.

I grabbed a bit of toilet paper and cleaned my cheeks, rubbing off the mascara and most of my make-up. Now I only looked white and tired. There was nothing to be done about it now, I didn't have anything to cover it up with me.

I left the bathroom just as quietly and made my way towards the front door, passing a clock. 8:37am. It was still pretty early but I planned on leaving anyway.

I usually didn't hook up - all the time. Just sometimes. But when I did, I clearly didn't want the guy to ask for my number so I often left before he got a chance to do so. I'm mean, I know. Most guys hitting on girls in a club didn't want to find the one for the rest of their life anyway.