2: Shattered Shit

___________________________________

2: Shattered Shit

The alcohol in my veins make me feel a chill all throughout my body. I feel my heart beating faster and faster as adrenaline pumps inside of me. The eyes locked onto me are dark, almost like Godiva chocolate, and the sweet sensation inside of me makes me feel captivated.

His body is inches away from mine, and I stop myself from squirming at his presence. Lori, calm down. It's definitely not the guy from earlier. You're just seeing things.

"Hello," he slurs and slams both hands on my waist pulling me closer. I feel a huge rock inside my throat, causing my mouth to to become dry as I search for a way to speak. His hands make its way to my back, going lower and lower. I stand up instantaneously, and his hands brush my bottom before it grip down my thighs. This causes an involuntary gasp, and right away, I push his heavy body, causing me to lean on the black marble bar edge.

"Why is a sexy lady like you sitting all by herself on a night like this?" He pulls me into his arms again and I feel my head smack against his chest, "Why don't we dance?" his breath is hot as he ever so slowly whispers into my ear. My eyes widen in surprise with his words and I feel my breathing accelerate even faster as soon as those words came out and the scent of some type of alcohol and mint is faintly in my air space.

This man is definitely drunk. Sexy. But drunk. No one's ever spoken to me like that; I feel my cheeks heat up as I squirm right against his body.

I can't find the words to tell him - to scream at him for throwing the Starbucks cup on the ground and making me pick it up.

Take a deep breath and answer back, Lori.

"Don't touch me," I push him forward again, making his grip on me disappear almost immediately. I quickly reach for my strawberry daiquiri and dodge his hand trying to grab my arm by ducking and running into the dancing crowd. I'm not use to this type of gatherings, but as soon as I set foot into the blob of people, my waist is connected to a blonde man's front.

I close my eyes tight trying to stop the spinning of my head. I shouldn't have ran so quickly when I've drank so much in the past thirty minutes. The man is pushing his body against mine, and it feels disturbing - it's like something is protruding out in between his... Oh my god.

Nasty.

I use my hands to remove the arms around me and keep moving around the big mash of people, searching for my sister's vibrant hair. Where'd she go? I push my way out of the intoxicated crowd once again, coming to the other side of the club. There is a dark lit hallway, and I hear flushing sounds coming from it. It must be the restrooms.

It seems to be empty, so I take one step at a time without rushing, feeling the music die down as I go further into the hall. As I come closer to the end of the hall, the only thing I can hear is the sound of my heels bouncing off the porcelain walls.

The men's and women's bathrooms are right across from each other, and there is a mirror directly in between. A digital clock illuminates the dark hallway and reveals the time,

12:45 a.m.

It's been over three hours since I've gotten here, and I still haven't spotted where Adriana is.

I look at myself in the mirror for the first time tonight, and realize I look nothing like myself when I put on my own makeup. It's never been this detailed and professionally done. The eyeliner and eyeshadow make my eyes look different - giving my dull eyes some soft spark, and without my glasses, I can't cover any of the makeup like I usually do. Everything on my face is still in place, and I can't help but stare at my reflection. Who is this person right in front of me? Because I'm pretty sure Lori is nowhere to be seen.