Intro: Disaster on the Street

♥︎

Well hello there, lovely reader. This book dedicated to Jake T. Austin is more mature than my other book, Infinite, so make sure you are prepared for this type of journey. I think you guys will like it as much as my other book - or even more (depends on what you like to read) - but anyways, I hope you guys support this book as much as you support Infinite.

Warning: This book will get intense; however, not right away. It will be slowly done, but the anticipation will be worth it and it will be much wilder than my other fan fiction. (EMPHASIS ON WILDER)

___________________________________

Introduction

"This is Lori Gonzales, signing off!" I speak to my webcam and click the end video button. Wow, that was pretty good if I do say so myself.

It's been a while since I've done a vlog; I wonder if people are still watching my channel. I edit my video really quick and upload it. About an hour later, I click on my YouTube link and scroll through the comments.

I missed your videos :-(

Have you been that busy not to make videos for us?

I want to hear your covers again. Make one soon!

I wish I could meet you in person! Your videos are amazing.

Wow. They actually like my videos.

It's been about six months since I've created videos. I thought people would've forgotten my vlog by now. I'm no Ryan Higa or Jenna Marbles, but I have a few hundreds of fans, but that's enough for me.

I've been busy trying to balance my school work, social life, and extracurricular activities since - in a couple of months - I'll be dealing with my final year of high school. I'm not the most popular girl in school nor am I a brainiac who sits by herself every single day. I'm in school clubs, AP classes, and I get invited to a few parties here and there. I balanced all of this, but it's pretty hard if you have parents that only recognize the flaws you have instead of the positives you try to bring out.

Every time they have a chance to see me, I get lectured for not sleeping enough, sleeping too much, not getting a good enough grade, going out too much, not taking care of my body, and many more. Don't they see that I notice what's happening to my life? I'm not perfect. Not by a long shot, but I mean, I own my body. Come on. I know what's going on with myself. They don't even eat dinner with me since they're too busy with work at the office and running a chain of restaurants yet they still do this.

I slam my body onto my bed and stare at the ceiling. I look at the little glowing stars I pasted three years ago, still faintly shining. Before I could think about anything, I feel a vibration in my pocket. It's 10:30, who's awake at this time?

Well, besides me.

My sister texted me. She never texts me.

Hey. I'm going to New York and mom said you can come with me. Be ready for tomorrow.

Did I read that correctly? My eyes widen as I reread the text sent to me moments ago. New York? New. Fucking. York. School just ended and she wants me to go to New York?

Thank the heavens.

However, my skeptical self needed real live evidence about going to NYC. I get off my bed and walk over to her room in the fourth floor. Two floors above mine.

I know... My sister texted me instead of walking to my room, but that's because our house is pretty big, and no one bothers to recognize each other's presence unless there's no other way to do so.