Caught

Derek knew he had hit the creature when he heard a yelp and smelt the scent of fresh blood washing over the forest. Hitting the target had been difficult. This creature had been fast, but Derek had been doing this a long time. He could hit a moving target with ease, though this chase had been a challenge.

He was filled with adrenaline, heart still pumping hard from the exertion of the hunt. As he started to make his way towards the faint sounds of the creatures breathing, Derek felt a shift in the air. Whipping his head around as he quickly swept the surrounding area, Derek eyed the shadows but he saw nothing. A strong scent of fox hung in the air, but there was something strange about the scent.

Derek approached the animal on the ground. His shot had hit them in the shoulder, expertly missing any vital organs while leaving a devastating blow to a 4-legged creature. The figure almost blended into the forest floor and the rise and fall of their chest was barely noticeable due to the darkness of its coat.

Wanting to get his catch out of the forest soon, Derek bent down and picked them up. He slung the creature over his shoulder and started making his way out of the forest. The scent of fox was much stronger now, though the creature he was holding was much too large to be a werefox. The size was comparable to a wolf. Something strange was going on here and Derek wanted to get to the bottom of it...

...From the bushes, the nogitsune watched as the wolf-smelling figure carried Stiles away. He vowed to do everything he could to help Stiles escape. As a sly con-artist, the nogitsune knew he could be sneaky and elusive, however he had to keep the element of surprise. Stiles best chance of escape was the fact that the man that had captured him had no idea of a second fox. Foxes are know to be solitary creatures, but not this one. Stiles was the reason the nogitsune could think clearly, the reason he was alive and occupied this body. The nogitsune would fight for Stiles if he had to, for in a way, Stiles had given him life...

...Stiles felt a dull pain the instant he came to consciousness. It was much nicer than the pain he had felt earlier... hold on. Derek! He didnt have to open his eyes to know he was in the loft. The smell of wolf hung in the air that even his human form could recognize, but now it was much stronger.

Stiles tried to open his eyes and lift his head, but the pain in his shoulder screamed at him the instant he tried to move. Instead, Stiles stayed in his position on the floor... no. He could feel cold on his snout, and with a quick sniff Stiles knew he was in a metal cage.

Stiles could also feel how tired he was. He didn't know how long he had been unconscious, but his lack of sleep over the last few days was definitely catching up to him. He felt warm despite the cold touch of metal on his nose and paws. This fur was incredible! He curled up a little tighter, bringing his tail closer to cover his face and placed his snout on top. Stiles hadn't felt this comfortable since... well... ever. Sleep quickly took hold of him, with his last thoughts being about how cool it was to be a fox.