Taught

What do you guys think about the new cover? Should we keep it or put the old one back?

Stiles stood, mesmerized by his glowing eyes. This meant that the bite took! He had to go and learn how to shift.

How was he supposed to turn his eyes back to normal? Stiles stared at his eyes in the mirror. They were still silver.

Stiles slowly blinked, willing them to go back to their former hazel colour. When he opened them they flashed brown then went back to their glowing state.

"That's some progress" Stiles mumbled to himself.

This time, Stiles closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He filled his mind with what he guessed were normal human thoughts. He imagined eating food and playing lacrosse.

Slowly, Stiles opened his eyes. They were normal. Stiles sighed and slumped his shoulders, he had a slight headache from thinking so hard.

Stiles grabbed his keys and almost ran out of his room. He thought twice and ran back it and grabbed a pair of sunglasses, just in case.

Stiles drove towards the forest where he had first found the fox. It was late enough for there to be no cars on the road, so Stiles drove a few clicks over the speed limit. Even if he got caught, his dad would let him off easy like all the other times...

When he reached the clearing, Stiles literally jumped out of his jeep, leaving it unlocked with the keys on the seat.

"I need your help" he yelled out to the forest, hoping it wasn't empty, or that there wasn't a random person in there.

Stiles stood still, using his newly heightened hearing to listen for any movement, a rustle or the crack of a twig.

After two minutes, Stiles wondered if the fox was still here.

After 5, Stiles started to get hopeless, the fox had left him to deal with his new powers alone.

Right as Stiles was about to give up, a strange feeling swept over him. Not an instant later, he was thrown forwards and completely ate the dirt.

Stiles felt the weight on his back. Was someone trying to kidnap him? Was it the rabid werething that everyone was looking for?

Stiles quickly flipped over and tried to throw the figure off him. Instead, they just jumped off of him without Stiles needing to push.

Standing there, hunched over, was the fox. He was laughing, well, more of a whimpering wheeze.

"What the hell, why did you do that!" Stiles asked.

"It was funny" the fox said through his laughter. "But it shows how stealthy a fox can be, even your heightened hearing couldn't hear me coming and you can do the same."

"Can you teach me the ways of a fox" Stiles asked. "How do I shift?"

Stiles patiently waited as the fox stared at him. Stiles looked strait into the fox's deep, dark eyes and waited. If this was a test, he would pass.

After an unmeasurable moment in time, the fox broke the silence.

"Good, you have patience and that will help you with your first shift. The first one always takes way more concentration and so does the first one back to human" the fox explained.