Chapter Seven

Thankfully by midday, with the help of breakfast, nurofen and alot of water, I was feeling almost 100 percent. I glanced at the mirror, fixed my hair and flushed my breath with mouth wash. Time to go home and do some explaining.

The drive was quick amd within minutes we had pulled into the driveway. I thanked Sar for a good night and made my way towards the door. I contemplated whether to knock or just walk in. I figured knocking would probably feel more comfortable for myself and my parents.

I was relieved when Hunter had answered the door and rushed in for a cuddle.

"How's my favourite little man?" I spoke lovingly.

Hunter looked up into my eyes and with a playful glare, correcting me, "I'm not soo little anymore sis!"

I fist my hand and rubbed his head before sprinting off, "You will always be my little man Hunter!" I yelled over my shoulder.

If only I knew what I was running straight into. Right infront of me, I had run into a trap...

My parents! Dear lord!

As I tried to make a subtle get away, I was brought back when my father spoke, "Ky, can we have that conversation now? I think it is well overdue?"

I followed them both into a quiet room and took a seat across from them, answering his first question. "Yes, now fire away."

My parents ignored my rudeness and my mother began to speak. "Ky we may come across as uncaring but we are so-so worried about you. We hadn't heard from you in two years. Do you know how sick that made us? Not knowing where our own daughter was? We didn't know whether you were safe, whether your boyfriend was taking care of you." She spoke, wiping away the tears that had leaked down her cheeks.

"We missed you so much, your siblings asked for you alot. We had no idea what to tell them, they aren't aware that we hadn't heard from you. Then you rock up on our door step out of the blue, half your size and our worry only worsened".

My father leaned into my mother and gave her a kiss as she sobbed. "I'm sorry we accused you of using, we just have no idea what is going on. Please explain to us Ky?" She begged.

I didn't know how to make things better, how to mend our relationship and have my parents forgive me. If I told them too much, they would take it in their hands to get justice. I couldn't bring them into my mess of a life, it would only put them in danger.

I held in the tears and straightened my shoulders.

"Everything was fine, we didn't always have money for big meals. He did take care of me as much as he could though I got bored, split up with him and moved out. Now here I am". I lied, gesturing to myself.

Their was a silence in the room before my dad questioned, "that still doesn't explain why we had no contact with you whatsoever. Why didn't you call or visit?".

I hadn't thought of an excuse and it pained me to keep lying to my parents.

"I wanted to be independent, I didn't think you wanted to see me after I stormed out two years ago". I finished, looking down, afraid that they would see straight through my lies.

I was surprised when both my parents engulfed me in a huge hug. Both with tears streaming down their faces.

"We could not live without you. Don't scare us again, we are happy to have you here with us again," my father spoke inbetween snifles. "Please don't run anymore. Im afraid our hearts wouldn't handle a second time".

We stood their for some time while I silently comforted them both.

"I'm sorry I put you through all this." I spoke inbetween tears.

I'm sorry I lied.

"No more running, ky".

"Okay" I agreed breaking the hug. "Let's have a family movie night".

I made my way out of the room and towards the living room, parents in tow.

I hated that I lied to my parents, though seeing the smiles on their faces now made it all worth it. I would do it all again to keep them all safe and out of harms way.