Chapter Thirty-five

Marcus had shook me awake by 6pm. I had two hours to shower, dress and be on Jacob's door step.

He had run me through the plan once again, as nerves began to wrack my body.

As if sensing my mood, Marcus added "everything will be fine, I won't let Jacob take you away from me".

"I know -- I'm just worried that Melody might get caught in the crossfire.. I won't forgive myself if anything happens to her".

"Bryan and Jonathon are very powerful men, their promises never go astray. I saved Bryan's life many years ago -- he owes me a huge favour"

Time had passed, I had dressed into a loose shirt and jeans, tied my hair into a bun and packed a small back pack of amenities.

"I'll see you soon Kylie" he promised, connecting our lips into a breath taking kiss.

I had kissed and sent my farewell to Marcus, making my way to the bus stop. I didn't have transport and I couldnt have Marcus in sight, so a bus was my only option.

The bus ride was a slow, torturous hour drive. I watched as cars passed in a blur. My only thoughts with my sister.

I hope you're okay and treated well. You will be safe soon Melly!

The bus had come to a halt at the last stop. This was my cue to leave. Jacobs was within walking distance now.

I looked down at my watch and relised I had 5 minutes to arrive. I picked up the pace as tears began to blur my vision.

I'm scared, please god look out for me.

Right on 8, I placed a soft knock on the familiar door. An old run down building with smashed windows, spray paint covering all sides of the house. The house squeaked as I would assume foot steps were nearing.

I held my breath as the door swung open.

Jacob.

He stood their with a sickly grin, raking his eyes up and down my body. "Kylie" he greeted.

My skin began to crawl under his stare. I hated this man.

The door swung open furthur, revealing yet another enemy, Claire.

"The skank came". She giggled with a quirk of her eyebrow. "I don't know what these men see in you".

"Claire!" Jacob warned. "Please do not disrespect my woman".

"I am not your woman Jacob" I drawled out disgusted.

"Oh you will be Ky" he spoke with confidence.

Ignoring his arrogance, I shook my head and refocused on the plan.

"Don't forget our deal -- I want my sister released now".

"Okay, settle woman -- we were just getting the greetings out of the way" he paused, turning his back to me. "Alondo, bring the girl here" he shouted through the quiet house.

I looked passed Jacob and down the hallway.

Melody.

Her eyes were bloodshot, hair a mess.

"What did you do to her Jacob?" I questioned, afraid of the answer.

"I promise you sweetheart, we didn't lay a finger on her. She has been screaming the house down all day".

Alondo shoved my sister towards the door and into my arms.

"It's okay Melody, you're free to go. I'll see you soon". I whispered into her ear, placing a small kiss onto her forehead. "Go now Melly, don't look back".