Assassin Rebel (Illumi X Reader)

"(Y/n), dear, be a good girl while I'm gone. Don't even try jumping over the fence." (Y/n)'s mother said as she shut the door behind her. (Y/n) looked after her from the backyard porch, annoyance creeping into her gaze.

It was just another day at home for her. Her mother would be away for most of the day caring for their clients' wishes. (Y/n) slammed the backyard table in anger. 

Why was it always about their clients? Didn't family matter more?

A careless mother and two blatant older sisters were totally a family. (Y/n) scoffed, kicking the backyard chairs next. Her mistake. There wasn't a family to look to. She could practically run and jump off a cliff and her mother and sisters wouldn't care. They were either too absorbed in their work or stuck inside to worry. Sadly, she was too cut off from the outside world to even attempt that. 

The girl walked over to a rosebush near the fence around her house and plucked a branch from it, running the rose thorns down the length of her left arm before alternating to her right arm. Blood soon stained her dark sleeves. 

What to do?

(Y/n) looked over to the fence, a border on their territory made clear to her since she could first end a life. Unappealing. Not doable. She was not to even contemplate leaping over the fence or a throbbing headache would be the consequence.

But pain couldn't stop curiosity. Maybe thinking too much about escape eventually opened a gap in defenses somehow that her mother did not like. (Y/n) ignored the pain as she thought of her next move.

The girl walked to the fence, running her hands across it. The wall between her and freedom was of classic wood build and nothing serious. Of course she could attempt jumping over. 

(Y/n) was only a few jumps from freedom when the electrical hum caught her attention. The girl cautiously broke a branch from a nearby tree and felt around her for the invisible obstacle. Nothing.

Throwing the stick up into the air met with different results. 

After getting rid of the otherwise unnecessary stick, (Y/n) was surprised to hear a fizzling sound. The stick was caught in air, smoking and turning black. With a small pop, it unhinged from the invisible force and hit the ground hard. 

So there was an electric field slightly above the top of the fence. What a great way to die.

(Y/n) jumped to the top of the fence and began squeezing under the invisible electric web. Of all the people in her family, she had the smallest and most flexible body easily able to assume positions like these. That was why she was the family heir.

Her mother couldn't afford her escaping past her overly-simple protective measures. It would lose her precious family name.

Finally, (Y/n) got the left side of her body over the fence and dropped down. Freedom at last! The pain in her mind suddenly vanished, and the girl felt true happiness for the first time in her life.

The next question was - what now?

(Y/n) looked around at the outside landscape, all suicidal thoughts from before gone. The world had so many possibilities for a teenage assassin like her. More kills, more money-

(Y/n) shook her head. She was thinking like her mother now. That was the last thing she wanted to do with her hard-earned freedom. The girl stood in the green grass of the other side, thinking for a while.

"I guess I'll find myself a friend first to accompany me wherever I choose to go."

* *