Chapter 8- Pep Talk

It was 8 o'clock at night as Dick and Artemis wandered around town looking for Jason. Originally Dick was going to go alone, but Artemis insisted on coming to potentially get back at Jason for earlier. 

"I can't believe him." Dick ranted. "He's 18, an adult, and he goes out and pulls a stunt like this. Who knows where the hell he is or what he got himself into. He could seriously mess up the future!"

"Calm down." Artemis said, looking at him, "In his defense...you didn't really do much to stop him."

"There is no stopping Ja-um-Red Hood. Once he has his mind set on something, he's doing it and won't let anyone get in his way. I would of stopped him...but I'm afraid if I start treating him like a child, like how I treat Da-uh-Robin...Well...that he'll come to resent me to."

She rolled her eyes "Neither of them resent you."

He looked at her, "How are you so sure? You don't even know us."

"I know you." She defended.

He shook his head, "No, you know my younger self, I've grown up since..well now."

"Okay...Just because I don't know you guys very well, Doesn't mean I can't see that the boys look up to you. Your the only one Robin truly likes to be around out of the four of you. Red Hood clearly respects you and your authority...Most of the time. And Red Robin obviously looks up to you. Your their older brother, the first robin, Their always going to respect and look up to you. "

He sighed "Robin don't look up to me...I don't think any of them do. They all look up to Batman, not me."

"That's bull, they look up to you as their leader, their brother, and their friend. If you cant see that then your just an idiot." 

Dick sighed "You don't change much as you get older...Still always around to talk some sense into me. " 

She smiled slightly, "Good, you need someone to talk some sense into you. Lets get back to finding Red Hood. You know him the best, where would you go if you were him?" 

Dick thought about it, then groaned, "The bar..." 

Her smiled faded to a look somewhere between anger and disbelief, "What? He cant legally drink..what does he do there?" 

"Drink." He answered simply, "He don't care, he smokes to. I don't blame him though...He's had a tough life." 

"It cant be that bad..." 

He looked away, "You'll find out in time...Lets go." 

She nodded and lead him to a nearby bar to find Jason.