Chapter 9

There was a physical exam today. It was announced through the black speakers during morning classes. It was to take place during lunch break which will be extended.

Can't they do this after we eat? Arashi thought irritably.

She had already texted Inazuma to hurry up and take a place as one of the doctors. He did study medicine for a few years before dropping out of college to work for money. It was at the time his parents passed away. Besides, it wasn't like they could deny one of the influential families in the country.

It wasn't only the fact that she wanted to keep playing that game of hers a little while longer. It was mostly because she didn't want a stranger touching her, holding her and giving her fake plastered smiles. She didn't like their uncaring eyes that were masked by warmth and amity.

She chewed on her lower lip to hold in a smile.

I'm such a hypocrite.

⌛⏳⌛⏳⌛⏳

"Hurry up, Arashi-chan!" Takumi exclaimed, causing the other two to turn to the girl slowing down behind them.

Arashi already gave them the consent to address her a girl but they refused. Surprisingly, Kieran was the one to provide the explanation. They loved to play around with people too and startle them with a taunting smile. He admitted to pretend that didn't he know Japanese at the vey beginning of high school before shocking everyone in class.

"You're so scary," she remembered Takumi whispering with admiration swimming in his eyes.

I have a private doctor.

"Oh, right." Naoki winked before dragging both boys away. "We'll see you later, Arashi-chan."

The girl rolled her eyes playfully and fastened her pace to the room at the end of the hall. It happened to be one of the many clinics in this school. And of course, the bigger ones were used for the physical exam.

She knocked and smiled once she heard her butler's gentle voice granting her permission. She swung the door and with a childish smile greeted him.

"Ah, now just stay here and I'll go get a list of things they need to know," Inazuma said before gesturing to a white cloth on the bed. "Change into that before I come back."

She nodded and waited for him to close the door so she could start undressing.

She slipped of her blazer and laid it neatly beside the gown. Then the tie and the shirt came off. Her fingers grazed the waistline of her pants before a crashing sound on the desk made her heart leap to the base of her throat.

She had never turned around so fast and she had never once wished for it to be a pervert instead. Instead of this long, slimy piece of thick meat coated with colours that somehow blend and contrast against each other only to enhance its malice. A small forked tongue pokes out in a tautingly slow motion. A small but sharp hiss resound within the room. Its unwavering stare sent shivers down her spine. And that was it took for her to react.

She retreated until her back touched wall beside the door, refusing to turn her face or rather her eyes away from the snake. She could run out of the room but she was in nothing but her blue bra. She could snatch her shirt but she wouldn't risk having a snake jump at her.

She felt tears spring up to her eyes and her breaths getting heavier. Unconciously, small desperate sounds ripped out of her throat. It was tearing at her vocal cords and the doctor did tell her to try not to exhaust or even use her voice. But that was situation that didn't pass through their minds and fear was already clinging onto her heart. As though her phobia started to take over her body just like it took over her brain.