Chapter One - Leaving

Ophelia stood silently at the top of the hill and gazed down at the village that had raised her. She smiled sadly. It would be a long time till she would see her home again.

The task she must do weighed heavily on her and she could feel small slivers of self doubt slip in.

The village below was slowly starting to wake.

The farmers had to be up early to navigate the marsh that surrounded half the village before the day's heat made it near impenetrable. As the lights of her mother's bakery lit up, Ophelia had to crush the sudden urge to run back home and have her mother hold her and comfort her.

Ophelia shook her head and turned from her home village, Traesey. She took a deep breath and stepped onto the path away. She took another step and as she released her breath, calm over came her. This is something she had to do alone, Ophelia had always felt alone; even when she was surrounded by people she knew and loved. A little piece of her was missing, but what was she missing and how would she ever find it?

Of one thing Ophelia was certain; she wouldn't find what she was searching for at home. Ophelia would find what was missing in her life, she would find her Vallenari.

This journey she was on would take months, maybe even years.

The first town on her journey was Squall's End. There she would stop and rest, buy supplies and a horse for the long road ahead.

Ophelia had worked for her mother and saved every coin for this very day, the day she left home.

It would take Ophelia nearly five hours to walk to Squall's End, that's if she kept a good pace.

It was just after midday by the time Ophelia had reached the bottom of the hill, up top was Squall's End, facing out towards Heavenly Plains. First she would find somewhere to eat and sleep for the night. Then she would pick out a horse; gather supplies then her journey will truly begin.

"Blooming flower inn, sounds like a good place to have some food and a quick rest." Ophelia walked up the wooden stairs and in though the open doors.

"Wow" she breathed.

It was the brightest, flower decorated room she had ever seen. All the tables were covered in pretty floral arrangements. Planter boxes hung from the plain white walls, vines with pink flowers wound around and draped from the beams on the ceiling. The scent from the flowers filled the room and as Ophelia took in a big breath of the fresh scent, she walked over to the front desk.

A plump lady in a bright pink dress stood from her chair. Her dress a big puff of pink, ruffled as she walked around to where Ophelia stood.

"Hello, I am Mrs. Bloom, but you can just call me Violet" she smiled.

Of course her name is Violet Bloom, what else would it be in a place like this, Ophelia thought.

"I am just looking for a somewhere to have some lunch and a quick rest before I leave." She smiled.

"Take a seat over there," Violet pointed to a little booth in the far corner of the room, "I'll have someone bring you out some lunch for you to eat, you can get a little nap in while you wait, if you would like."

Ophelia sat down in her little corner booth, the seat was soft and it was very quiet in the corner, maybe she will have a sleep. She sat and watched as the other people went about their business, when she noticed a man in a hooded cloak was watching her, shifting uncomfortably in her seat, she scooted over to escape his line of view.

Soon her eyes grew heavy and Ophelia shut them for what felt like only a couple of seconds, when she reopened them there was an elf standing there holding a plate of food for her.