~ Chapter Three ~

It had been 20 hours since I had the operation and I get to go home today as long as I take it easy. Visiting hours have been once already but the doctors still wanted me to stay in so they could do more tests. Joe had been in too which was lovely I've missed him. I sat on the hospital bed with the boring hospital to on, I had 4Music on since all the other channels were boring since it's during the day and obviously daytime to is boring.

"Good afternoon Paige, Dr Smith sent me to bring you your painkillers" Nurce Star smiled, she was nice but she was abit strange.

"Thank you" I smiled weakly taking the small cup with the two small painkillers in, I popped one into my mouth along with a mouthful of water and did the same with the second one. Nurse Star walked off and I was left on my own once again. I didn't know how I was going to manage to get back into swimming with these bruise and the operation scar, swimming had always been my main passion, I've won medals and I've been training so hard to complete in the 2020 Olympics, I'll be old enough then, I wanted to complete in last years but I was studying hard in school and didn't want to mess up my changes of failing in either so I didn't try out for the GB team

"Knock Knock" I soon heard joes voice making me laugh as I looked to the door and in walked Joe, Zoe, Alfie and dad.

"Hey, the doctors have said after my final tests I can come home but only if I take it wash.

"That's great news" dad smiled

"Myself, Alfie and Joe have put money together and brought you a new phone, we wanted it to be from the three of us so that's why we all put money in." Zoe smiled and pulled a iPhone 7 from her bag

"You three didn't have to" I looked up from the box I was holding in my hands.

"You deserve it Sage" joe smiled sitting on the side of the bed.

"Thank you" I smiled hugging him sideways before pushing myself out of bed and hugging both Zoe and Alfie.

"I'm going to get dressed so when the doctors comes I can go home." I tell everyone before grabbing my bag and heading into the bathroom, it was hard when I was still in pain from the operation but I had to push through it. I removed the hospital gown and pulled on my underwear. I pulled out a pair of black leggings and pulled them on before adding a white cropped vest top and then my white Donald Duck jumper, which may I add was my favourite. I slipped my black converse trainers onto my feet and re-added my rainbow and cloud earrings to my ears before pulling my hair into a messy bun since I didn't have a hair brush.

I grabbed my Palm Springs backpack which dad brought my clothes in with and left the bathroom

Back in the hospital room I sit on the hospital bed with my legs folded talking to Joe. Everyone was still on the room but I was just talking to Joe because why not he's my big brother and I've not seen him on ages.

"So I've got the results back from the tests we did, everything seems normal, you need to take these painkillers for two weeks untill the stitches dissolved, if you have any problem before then and after then go to your GP" Dr Smith smiled to me, I thanked him.

"I'll just go and get your discharge papers and I'll be back" Dr Smith explained and I smiled happily.

"I'm so happy I get to go home, I don't think I could bare to have another hospital meal or even sleep in this bed again" I spoke making everyone laugh.

"Hey it's not that funny, this hospital bed was so uncomfortable it was crazy" I sighed making myself laugh.

"Then why are you laughing" Alfie threw back at me in a joking way.

"Because I can laugh at myself" I grinned happily earning another chuckle from everyone.

"I hate you sometimes" I joked folding
my arms as Dr Smith walks back into the room with all of the paperwork and the prescription for the painkillers.

"We need you to sign the papers and then Paige can leave" Dr Smith smiled to dad handing him the paper and he signs them. I made sure I had everything in my bag and then slipped it onto my back as the five of us left the hospital room and went to the car. Joe went on dads car with dad and I got to go in Zoe's car with Zoe and Alfie.

"You okay?" Alfie asked me as I clipped my belt in.

"I'm fine, just didn't think the scar would be so big and it's painful" i mumbled with a massive sigh.

"The scar will fade, it won't be their forever" Alfie tried to reassure me causing me to shake my head, it will always be here, it will always be part of my body and it will be a reminder of what the bullies did to me. Zoe drove us home and we went inside and into the living room, dad had brought five cups of teas in and I sat with my new phone on charge so I could set it up. I downloaded all the apps I use and added all the phone numbers into my phone before texting everyone using my new number. I logged into Facebook and scrolled through it seeing the video of them beating me up was still online, it had been shared, commented on and even had thousands of likes.

"I thought the video would have been taken down by now, it's not fair" I sighed holding tears back.

"The police are dealing with it Sage,, it will be down in no time. You won't have to deal with them when your in Brighton" joe smiled nudging me gently and i nodded. It was around 6:30pm and there was a knock at the front door, dad goes to get the door before walking in with someone

"Paigey you've got a visitor" dad smiled and I turned around seeing Payton

"Pay" I smiled as she came over to me sitting on the floor and hugged me

"I saw the video on Facebook and heard you had been in hospital so I decided to come round to see you and I brought you a present since I won't be seeing you after today" Payton smiled sitting next to me on the floor.

"You didn't have to" I smiled

"I did become your my best friend" she smiled causing a wider smile to appear on my face. Payton handed me a gift bag with some wrapped gifts. I started my thanking her again before pulling one out and revealing a photo frame with pictures of the pair of us in, it was so cute and I already loved it. I continued to open the presents and ended up with sweets and chocolates, a friendship bracelet and necklace set, a teddy and a candle which was pink and I couldn't wait to burn it.

"Payton your the best friend anyone could have. I'm really going to miss you" I smiled weakly hugging her again.

"Payton can come down in the summer? Can't she Zoe, Alfie?" I asked my sister nervously.

"Of course she can Sage, if her parents say it's alright she can" Zoe smiled and I was so happy about it. Half an hour later Payton left and I went to change into my pyjamas before joining everyone in the living rooms for a take away and movies. We watched pitch perfect and I closed my eye leaning against Joe before I fell asleep into a dreamless sleep.