#5

Awsten jolted up from a nightmare. The worst one yet. It was Geoff, Geoff was yelling at him. Geoff didn’t need him and Geoff didn’t want him. Awsten was crying and shaking so hard, cold sweat pouring down his face. He shakily picked his phone up and called Geoff, sobbing.
When Geoff answered, Awsten started crying harder.

“Awsten? What’s wrong?” Geoff asked firmly, his voice laced in worry.

“G-Geoff I- please, please tell me that- that I mean- I matter to you...I need you, plea- ease.” He choked out between sobs.
“I’m coming over. I love you, okay? I need you, and you mean absolutely everything to me.” Geoff replied, quiet rustling in the background as he left his apartment and made his way to Awsten.

“Geoff- Geoff, I- I- I-“ Awsten sobbed harder, Geoff’s voice wrapping him in a blanket of warmth. He needed him. He wanted to have Geoff’s arms around him forever.

Geoff spoke again, “Awsten, baby, please. I’m coming over, I’ll be right there. You are okay.”

Awsten nodded, before realising Geoff couldn’t see him. “yeah- I- yeah.” He breathed.

“I’m just coming in now..” Geoff replied, just as Awsten heard his front door being opened. He relaxed a bit and breathed a soft little ‘Okay’ in reply.
Geoff was soon at the bedroom door, and Awsten ended the call. The elder sat down with Awsten, instantly pulling him close into a soft hug. Awsten latched onto him instantly and sobbed, breaking down again. He just couldn’t help but feel like he was a burden. He knew Geoff didn’t think he was.

“I love you.” Came Geoff's soft, warm voice, “I love you so much.”

Awsten sobbed, and sobbed, and sobbed some more. He held onto Geoff's shirt with frail, shaking hands, his skin cold. He just wanted to kiss Geoff again and stay in his warm hold.
Geoff hated seeing Awsten so upset. His own blue eyes began to tear up, just hearing the younger boy so torn up. He gently kissed his hair and buried his face against Awsten's shoulder, not wanting to the boy to see him cry too. “Baby, baby....” He whispered, rubbing Awsten’s back as he slowly calmed down against him.

“I luh- I love-“ he stuttered, choking on sobs and whining softly, “Geoff...”

“I love you too.” The elder replied, “I love you more than I could say. You mean everything. The- the whole world. Need you, Awsten.”
Awsten nodded a little, his crying becoming softer. Hearing Geoff tell him all this made him smile. He felt that protective aura from Geoff envelop him and hold him, keeping him safe.

“I love you.” Awsten whispered, looking up and smiling at Geoff. “I really love you..”

The pair looked into each other’s eyes, both blushing. Awsten cupped Geoff’s cheeks in his cold, shaking hands and he wiped his tears away. “Why are you crying?” He whispered.

“I hate to see you like this...so upset.” Geoff murmured, holding Awsten closer. “you don’t deserve it, you’ve done nothing to deserve it.”

Awsten smiled a bit and looked down, blushing a bit. He leaned in and gently pecked Geoff’s lips. It was only short and soft, but it was like heaven to Awsten. Geoff had soft, plump lips that tasted of cherry lip balm and mint- it was heaven to Awsten. He pulled back and sighed, his hands beginning to shake less and they weren’t so clammy. They held his shirt and curled close, calm and relaxed. Finally.

“Awsten?”

“yeah..?”

“Will you be my boyfriend...?” he asked softly, stroking his hair.

“Yes.”
-
AN
Sorta cute and short
Hope you liked it!!!
-amber 🖤