I've been stuck inside (your heart-shaped box)

From: http://archiveofourown.org/works/1303318

~~~~~~

Rating: Explicit

Warnings/tags: alternative universe, anal sex, anal fingeringg, kissing, so so much kissing, all the kissing, idk what else to tag this with i'm sorry

Word count: 6272

Summary: AU. Harry and Louis meet for the first time when they have to kiss on camera for Zayn's art project.

Author's note: This fic is shamelessly, shamelessly inspired by 20 Strangers Kissing for the First Time (check the external link) -- specifically, the girl in the striped shirt and the guy in the beanie-- and you should all watch the video because it is very cute.

-

Harry wakes up late the day he needs to go to Nick’s studio.

It’s just-- of course it happens that on the one day he actually needs to show up at Nick’s, his alarm decides to stop working. He’d set one on his phone as well, but he must’ve slept through it, because he woke up at a quarter to nine when his alarm was set for half-eight and that fifteen minutes he lost meant he didn’t have time to dry his hair properly. So, he toweled it a bit and threw on a beanie, shoved his legs in his jeans, pulled on a white t-shirt and jumper and made his way out into the brisk morning.

He’s not the first to arrive, which is expected, but it’s also a bit weird to stand around a studio with ten other people and know that you’re going to kiss one of them on camera later. Harry’s kissed loads of strangers; he was a bit of a party animal in his wayward youth, so he doesn’t mind the thought of spotting someone across the room and learning their taste only moments later. He likes the press of another body against his, warm and solid, and he likes the intimacy of pulling back, breathless, and looking into someone’s eyes to share a smile with them.

So he’s maybe a little bit of a romantic. And a horndog. Sue him.

In any case, it hadn’t seemed like a problem at all to help out with Zayn’s art project-- filming twelve strangers kissing for the first time-- at all. He likes kissing. He likes kissing strangers. It’s no big deal. As he mills around the room, though, sending smiles to various people, he begins to worry. There’s no alcohol-induced haze involved here, and while no one’s ever complained about his kissing technique before, what if he suddenly just, can’t? What if he can’t do it? What if his mouth is too wet or he uses too much tongue or not enough or the person he’s with has bad breath or something?

Oh, god.

A wave of nausea rolls his stomach. He needs to sit down, maybe, but there are no free chairs and he doesn’t feel dramatic enough to sit on the floor and hold his head between his knees. He’s fairly certain he passed a bathroom on the way into the studio, so he slips out quietly, retracing his steps and trying not to heave up the piece of toast and banana he had on the way here. The last thing he needs to do is have to ask someone for a piece of gum lest he have to kiss them with banana-vomit mouth.

Another wave of nausea twists through him and he quickens his pace down the corridor.

The bathroom is blessedly empty when he enters, and he goes into one of the stalls to sit on the toilet, bending at the waist to press his head to his knees. He takes one deep breath and then another and another until he reaches ten. It’s helped a little; he can breathe easier now, at least. He sits up, runs a hand down his face and stands, flushing the toilet before he leaves, just in case someone’s come in and he didn’t hear. It’ll be okay. Getting stage fright over having to kiss a stranger is probably one of the dumbest things that’s ever happened to him, but it’ll be okay. He’s an ace kisser; everyone tells him so.