Aphrodisiac

From: http://archiveofourown.org/works/814316

~~~~~~

cute.

~~~~~~

Rating: Explicit

Warnings/tags: alternate universe- restaurant, food, seduction, chef!au, waiter!louis, chef!harry

Word count: 4034

Summary: The day he made roasted asparagus tips wrapped in Serrano ham with lemon aïoli, Louis knew: Harry Styles was trying to seduce him.

-

The day he made roasted asparagus tips wrapped in Serrano ham with lemon aïoli, Louis knew.

Harry Styles was trying to seduce him.

His huge green eyes had twinkled as he caught his staring at the curl of his fingers as he rolled the long asparagus shoots in the thin, almost translucent, indecently red Spanish cured ham.

Louis swallowed reflexively.

Harry winked.

Louis looked away.

He had only been serving at One Direction for about three weeks, so Louis was still certain that eventually, his heart would stop palpitating at the sight of the executive chef’s perfect face. He was one of Food & Wine’s 10 Best New Chefs, and one of People’s 50 Most Beautiful People. If the culinary industry were duly represented, he would have easily made Time’s 100 Most Influential list.

And Louis was a 26-year-old waiter, dying under the weight of hospitality school loans.

It was all very unfair.

But Harry winked at him, and Louis stumbled a little, and he knew:

Harry wanted in his pants.

Louis still had his brain lost in thoughts of Harry and what his talented hands could probably do when he went to the staff cooler at the end of the night to take his “thank you” bag – Harry always made sure to leave every employee of One Direction with a sandwich and some homemade potato chips at the end of their shift, a way of showing his appreciation for their hard work.

But when Louis got back to his rathole apartment and opened the bag, his jaw dropped.

Nestled into the corner of the little container was a small serving of roasted asparagus tips wrapped in Serrano ham with lemon aïoli.

And a note.

It seems you have an affinity for this… have an excellent night. HS

* * *

The first time they kissed was the day Harry quartered fresh figs and tossed them with mozzarella di bufala and prosciutto and drizzled it all with Australian olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, and cracked Tellicherry pepper.

A week had passed since what Louis had deemed “The Asparagus Incident.”

He huddled in the back of the beverage cooler, clutching a bottle of Merlot and seething, when Harry himself rushed inside.

He looked a little startled to see Louis, but registered his expression immediately.

“Mr. Tomlinson? Louis?” he asked tentatively. “What’s wrong?” He took a few long steps towards his and put his hand on Louis’ shoulder in concern.

His hand was so warm.

And so big.

Louis’s lips pursed and one eyebrow arched up angrily. “Oh – just – the businessman from Los Angeles keeps calling me ‘poofter.’ I’m getting really frustrated, and he just keeps ordering more wine… he’s not drunk enough that I can actually cut him off yet. But – ugh, I know it’s just going to get worse.”