Chapter 2. Reconciliation

2. Reconciliation -

In the padded white room, Bellatrix sat staring to the wall. She could see what seemed to be a part of the white padding to be lifted. Rolling onto her hands and knees Bellatrix crawled over to it. As she crawled towards it, she could see that the white padded was no longer attached to the wall. She sent her hand to it and lifted up the padding only to see a hole.

"What clever son of a bitch thought of this..?" Bellatrix said lowly to herself as she pushed her small hand through the hole. She pushes against the other side of the hole, it being connected to the other room. As she pushes onto the padding along the other side, she can see into the room. Looking into the small hole she peers into the room to find Jax crying in the corner with a lost expression on his face. She slowly begins to feel remorse as she starts to speak.

"Hey, c'mon, no need to cry." Trying to make him feel better or to stop the tears. It slowly begins to make her wonder why the hell she was even trying. She barely knew him and he insulted her in ways that no person have ever done since she walked into the doors of Riverdale.

"I..I'm not crying.." Jay says, his voice slightly cracking as well as his self control. He wipes the tears off of his face and looks around. He sees a hand through the hole and realizes whose hand it is.

"How the f-" Before he can finish she interrupts him.

"It was already here, some smart fuck beat me to it." She begins to chuckle as she adjusts her hand, tilting it. She then sends up her index finger, calling him over to her slowly. She can hear noises from within his chamber as he moves towards her. She slides her hand back into her own chamber as she hears him get close to the corner where her hand is. She sits upright nearest to the hole and begins to strike up a conversation.

"So, why are you here?" Resting her head back onto the padded walls that were as hard as the stone walling of the sanatorium.

"I- I don't know.." His voice begins to crack once more as he speaks. It somehow gives her a feeling of unease and makes her want to comfort but she slowly realizes what he has done, the stories of what he did to his family and she must remember to look out for her own safety.

"How do you not know, didn't they tell you?"

"But I didn't do anything...not anything I remember.."

"You killed your family, chopped them up with an axe to the back. Your mother, your father, and your sister." Bellatrix spoke in a blunt tone, not taking his emotions into account because she no longer feels sorry, he should know what he did if he ever wants to see light again.

"What?! I would never! No, shut up!" Jax begins to shout violently, punching the wall harshly. It causes a thud into her own room and she looks down to the hole. As she looks down she sees Jax' hand come through and latch onto her own. He pulls her hand into his chamber and her body jerks forward violently. He begins to speak to her in a rough and sharp tone.

"I did not kill my family. It was Frank, all this time it was Frank not me, remember that." His voice begins to crack once more as he tries to stay or at least seem to be strong.

"If it was Frank then Jax needs to let go of my fucking arm..." Bellatrix speaks slowly, feeling herself grow angry but she refuses to spend another day in here with him in the room beside her. Inhaling through her nose in order to avoid any "blanking out." She feels the warmness of his hand as he slowly lets go of her wrist. She yanks her arm back viciously and rubs her hand. The outline of his fingers is still along her wrist due to her pale and easily bruised skin.

"S-sorry..wait a second.." She can hears shuffling coming out from the small makeshift hole in the wall, guessing he is up to something else. She sits with her knees pressed to her chest, rubbing her hand along her freshly bruised wrist, sighing a bit. What is he doing now.. she continues to think over and over as he rustles around. Finally the rustling stops and he begins to speak in his deep and soothing voice once more.