Chapter 8

Hugo comes in with an evil smile that betrays all innocence. He had a shallow smile, deep piercing eyes and an evil mind. His eyes looked as if he hadn't slept for ages and his nose was crooked but there was something in his face which made him a beautiful creation. I was not afraid of him, I was exasperated. I look around and realise I have not been tied, I am free to move. I get up, he comes close to me, so close there are only inches between us. I push him away and he falls back laughing. He sits there laughing like a joke was cracked. He says "you are so cute when you are angry" I was so angry, adrenaline was rushing through me, I was like a live wire. I rant "Oh you think so? Well, get ready because I am about to be GORGEOUS". I took a step forward, crowding him and slapped with my right hand full across the face. It rocked him. He is blinking his eyes and staring at me in astonishment. His headache must be a starburst. I take two steps back allowing him to get up. He stands straight like he's not hurt which makes me furious and I hit him a right hand in the V under his ribs where the sternum ends. It paralyzes his diaphragm and he gasps, doubles over and pitches forward to the door. I catch him and drag him to his feet, I have to turn my hip as he tries to knee me in the groin. I bang his nose and I'm about to punch him in the face when the door opens. It's Chris coming in towards me but I don't care and hit Hugo twice more with my right, square in the jaw. Hands drag me off Hugo's wasted body. I turn back and see Chris' iron grip around my arms. He is dragging me away from Hugo's body. He drops me on the back seat of his car and shuts the door. He opens the door from the other side and sits beside me, I try to study his face but fail, his expression is a mixture, I can't make out anything. He says "What the hell was that?"

"What are you talking about? I don't know anything. I just want to go home. Please drop me or I can go on my own." Is what I say.

He says almost furious now "I'm trying to have a serious conversation with you!"

"And I'm trying to subtly avoid it!" I snap back, my voice is rough and little higher than usual.

His voice is soft when he asks "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine"

"You don't look fine"

"Then stop looking" I say.

"You seriously are angry"

I raise an eyebrow at him and get out of the car and head towards the place where Hugo is. I kick the door and see Hugo is moving, he's trying to get up, I take a few steps towards him and I'm about to punch him when Chris grabs me "Jesus Christ what is wrong with you Laura?" I shout "let me go". He turns me around so that I'm facing him and stares at me straight in the eyes and somehow, looking at those beautiful eyes, I calm down, the adrenaline level goes down. I turn towards Hugo then back at Chris and say "Are you Sure I can't punch him in the face?"

"Yes."

"What if I just break his nose a little?"

"You already did Laura"

"Oh them maybe I can-"

"Oh my god Laura you are scaring me"

"Well, I am naturally terrifying"

He laughs. I look at him, I can't resist and smile. He leans and whispers in my ear "let's go home" and looks back at me, I nod.