Chapter 2

It's been an hour since I've been lying here appalled. My vision is blurry and when I stand, my legs feel like they are made out of sand, like they are going to give away, when I try taking a step forward, I slump back on the bed. There is a sharp ringing in my ear, I shake my head to get rid of it but it only causes more pain in the back of my head. I look around and try to recollect what had happened, which further increases the pain and I feel like someone is punching me from the insides and I yelp hoping someone would help me. But there is no one around to hear my cry. I try to get myself on track, I try to think of a way to get rid of the pain which has now changed into burning. It's like an inferno in my head, raging with fire that no one can put out, fire that burns everything with itself, fire that can destroy. I fall face-first into the bed and tell myself everything is all right again and again which is of no benefit. I shove my head under the pillows and squish them to my head there is pain and a while later, everything goes quiet.

I must've fallen asleep. I have no idea what time it is, a quick glance out of the window tells me it's almost afternoon and I have to get up and get on with things. The pain and burning in my head has vanished but the memories of that moment still haunt me. I try to make sense of the images but all I get is malaise and an edgy feeling about the boy. All I can understand is that something is terribly wrong with me. The memory of me and a stranger facing each other is too disturbing at the moment and I try to convince my heart that all of it was just a nightmare, that it was not real but my brain kicks in disapproving and claiming that you don't feel pain when dreaming and I break. I try convening myself to go on with the day. I walk to the closet and pick a pair of jeans and a sweater, wear my socks and head down for brunch. I have a bowl of granola and a mug of coffee. After having my brunch, I go for the laundry. The laundry didn't take long, it was five in the evening by the time I was done with all my chores and decided to go organize my room as it was all messed up by morning's incident. I had hurled many things out of panic. I start cleaning when It happens again, the pain, the darkness, the blur, the images and this time I see a pair of eyes staring straight at me- those eyes, those grey-blue eyes I freeze. My eyes open and this time the pain in my head is bearable. A door opens and shuts too quickly, I turn and find my door as l left it and- "hey!" a mellifluous voice calls. I dint realize I was standing with my back turned to the window, I turn and find a young man leaning forward on the apron of the window. I examine him, panic seizes my throat.