Chapter 4

The nurse comes in with an injection in her hand. She injects something into my saline bottle which I had not realized was there until the moment. The drug takes over slowly.

I see around and find the boy's head on the edge of my bed, I jerk up. He is such a weirdo. One minute he's all humored and the next minute he's such a creep. He thinks he's an alien. He told the word 'human world' as if he was from outer space. His head shifts, his eyelids move. He sits up and stares at me with wonder, I look down. "Hi" he says, I am amused and want to know so much about him, I want to know who he is and why did he tell those words and why is he such a creep. I lift my head slightly to ask something when he says "I can see it in your eyes. The panic, what's gotten you so scared?" blood drains my face and I go stiff. I don't dare looking into his eyes or uttering a word. He raises one eyebrow as if telling me to give him an answer. "I.....I'm just scared.......of your eyes" why is my voice cracking and why in the world did I say that? He's covering his mouth in an attempt to hide the smile.I get frustrated and blabber "it's nothing to laugh okay. You don't know how terrified I was, I see those eyes, those grey-blue eyes in those freaking images and a minute later I spot you on the other side of the window and you-"he cuts me, and realization stabs me in the gut. Oh God! Oh God! What have I said? What is wrong with me? "You saw my eyes?" I flinch "where and how and what images?" my mind races with all the possible anwers. I think how to gather the mess I never meant to make. Fingers snap. I turn and see him annoyed and I say "um....I...well I just babbled... um....out of panic".

"I don't think so. Why did you faint? Why are your hands shaking?" he says fierce.

I clench them into fists to stop the shaking and tell "well you don't really answer my questions".

He shakes his head and says "that's not an appropriate answer to my questions".

I snap "neither to mine".

A nurse comes in with something in her hand, she hands it over to the creep I mean to the boy and says something which I can't hear.

Once she's gone, he turns to me and says "Time to leave"

I say "but you have not answered my questions".

He says with the dangerous voice "I don't remember getting answers to mine".

I pull out the IV from my wrist which I rue. Oh my God it aches, it sting my wrist. I shouldn't have done it. I don't show the pain on my face. He is exasperated is what I consider but before he can tell anything, I slip into the dressing room. There is nothing in the dressing room, where are my clothes is the first thought I get.

I get out of the dressing room but I'm too embarrassed to ask him. He tries not to laugh and says "Yeah go ahead and wrap yourself with curtains" my face goes hot and he laughs out. I ask "where are my clothes?"

"Oh! The hospital said that they had to throw them away in case your clothes had any bacteria in them" he says and throws a bag to me. I never knew hospitals were so careful. I catch it. He looks impressed like seriously did he think I can't catch a bag? What a jerk. There are clothes in the bag. I say a quick thank you and get back to the dressing room.