Chapter 6

I go to my bedroom and peep out of the window, Chris is still standing there laughing and his hand is in his hair. I had not noticed his hair, it was a dark shade of chestnut brown and he had flowing, glossy hair. He was perfect. I was so jealous of his perfection, the way he talked, the way he walked, there was something sinister about him, something sinister in his word. He looks at my door smiles, mouths something and gets into his car. I watch as his car drives away until I can't see it anymore. When I turn back, there are sparkles floating in the air beside my closet. I touch it and sharp pain rushes through my finger, I withdraw my hand and look back at the sparkles. There is nothing, nothing at all, I dart forward turn around but there's nothing. I take a deep breath and try to clear my mind. I take a book called 'steelheart' out of my shelf and get back to my bed. After reading four or five chapters, I head to the kitchen to get myself a mug of hot chocolate. I am half way down the staircase when my vision goes dark and the pain settles in my head. I sit down on the staircase. I see someone's knocking the door, I open it and Chris enters with a box in his hand. The images are way clear now, they don't seem blurry anymore. My eyes open and I am breathing fast. I get to the kitchen and swig a glass of water in two gulps. I sit down and try to calm myself. Once I'm composed, i prepare hot chocolate and get back to my room. I resume reading. I hear a voice and see Chris is on the phone. He sees me, smiles and says something to the speaker on the other side of the phone and hangs. He comes closer to the window and points at himself then points at my condo asking if he can come, I shake my head in a no. His face goes pale but I want to see what happens if I try to change the future which my brain shows. I mouth "I'll come" and his face lights up. I get up, brush my hair and go.

He opens the door without me knocking, he looks so happy. We get in and he rushes to the kitchen telling something about cupcakes, I can't concentrate on what he's telling as I am waiting for something to happen as I changed the future. He calls "Hey Laura, come over here." I get up and go into his kitchen, a chill runs down my spine. The same table, those chairs I had seen them in my vision. "Are you all right?" he asks worried. "yeah me um.. I'm fine yeah".

I sit on a chair and he brings a box, the same box of my vision. There are cupcakes in it. He offers me one but I don't take. He takes one and starts eating, after a while I look up to find him staring at his hands and- there's icing all over his nose, I cover my mouth try not to laugh but can't and I laugh so freely, and I enjoy this moment. His head snaps up, his eyes are wide, he raises both his eyebrows and I point at his nose. He cleans the icing and smiles. That's when the world around me goes still, it's déjà vu. I had seen all this in my vision. I stop laughing abruptly and he notices it. He's about to ask something when I get up and stumble, he grabs me but I say "I am so sorry Chris, I guess I left the stove on, we'll hangout later for sure" he tells he'll come with me to check but I say it's okay and I am already rushing out his door and towards mine. I reach in and sit almost fall on the couch. I'm breathing so hard. I grab a water bottle and gulp.

I try to remember all my visions, my head starts hurting. I remember the remaining one which is yet to take place, it's the one where I stand in front of a mirror and there are lumps on my shoulder blades. I run to my room and stand in front of the mirror. Those lumps, they are there on my shoulder blades. Why is all this happening?