Rose and I stood by the balcony on the second floor with Candice, and other girls. I watched guest coming in but I had an eye for a specific one. At the thought of him I see him entering with his dad, John Bertenelli. He was dressed in all black, he looked absolutely sexy, with the confident strides he took as he roamed his eyes around the place.

I see Jake approach him, while they talk, I see Mr. Bertenelli greet Rose's dad, Robert Hensley and my father, Henry.

"Rose!" I see Bella waving at us, "girls come here!"

We go down the stairs to join Bella at one of the decorated tables.

"Hey Serene your husband is here, and oh my, let me take a moment," she pauses and put a hand on her heart for a dramatic effect and I roll my eyes playfully, "because he looks hot." Bella gushes.

"O-M-G, Mrs. Hensley you have a husband, and stop checking mine out, or I'm going to punch you in your eyes."

I try to say it with as much serious tone I can muster, but I was just saying it with the same intention as hers. She knew I never liked it when they try to get at my man. I always became defensive and possessive over him. They loved pulling my leg, and I smiled at the thought.

I was looking around for him but he was no where to be found. Candice chuckles," he's at the bar in case your looking for him."

"How'd you know? Stop keeping an eye out for him." I said narrowing my eyes, then a small smile slipped on my lips and they laughed.

I walked away from them when I fetch the opportunity of him sitting alone at the bar. I was walking up to him with his back facing me thinking of something good to say to him in my head. I hope he doesn't totally shut me out or I don't become a blabbing mess in front of him. All the excited buzz gets killed when I see my dad in my peripheral vision motioning with his hand for me to come over.

I groan and sigh deeply in my mind, but head towards my awaiting father. I passed right behind Colton, and I had a weird sensation go through my spine because I feel like his eyes are on me and they are scorching my back. I am being delusional right now because I am sure he didn't even notice me but the sensation that waved through me told me otherwise.

✂✂✂

After dinner was served, I go upstairs to go check on Candice since I haven't seen her around and all the girls wanted to dance. Walking down the hall, I spot her - her stance side ways to me - looking down at a piece of paper. She was smiling so hard, making her cheek all that prominent and red. She was blushing like a prepubescent teen. The sight before me made me giddy for some reason and super curious.

The expression on her face told me it's all about a guy. Curiously, I take slow steady steps to check what has got her attention. She was so drawn into it, she didn't even hear or sense me coming. I hear her giggle when I stop beside her shoulders and before she realizes I am there, I snatch the letter from her hands and take off.

I run down the steps towards Rose and Bella. To kindly share her secret among us.

She's infuriatingly calling out my name to stop, but I run faster. I look over my shoulders at her, and she's still on the last step - the heels are slowing her down. I hear Rose call out my name but by the time I look ahead of me, I bump into a hard, warm body, that smelled crisp and fresh. It was so masculine and arousing.

Adrenaline radiated through my bones when I slip between their legs and fall backwards, instantly a pair of firm arms grip my waist and I hold onto his arms tightly. Breathing heavily, I open my eyes after a moment only to be shocked, when my gaze meets his deep, hooded, alluring chocolate brown eyes.