58| returning to hogwarts

Start from the beginning

"That's your sister Ariana, isn't it?" Hermione asked. "She died very young, didn't she?"

"My brother sacrificed many things on his journey to find power, including Ariana." He said. "And she was devoted to him. He gave her everything....but time."

"Thank you, Mr. Dumbledore." Hermione said.

He nodded, then walked out of the room.

"He did save our lives twice. He doesn't look like someone who's given up." She whispered.

I stepped a little closer to the portrait, and saw something moving.

"She's coming back." I said, looking at the girl. She had someone walking beside her.

"Who's that with her?" Ron asked, taking a few steps back.

The portrait slowly swung open, revealing Neville.

"Neville! Oh, you look—" Harry started.

"Like hell, I reckon." He said, stepping closer. "This is nothing. Seamus looks worse."

I smiled. It's been a while since I've seen anyone besides Hermione, Ron, and Harry.

"Hey, Ab. We've got a couple more coming through." Neville said, taking my hand and helping me step into the small passageway.

"Don't remember this on the Marauders Map." Ron exclaimed.

"That's because it didn't exist till now." Neville explained. "The seven secret passages were sealed off before the start of the year. The grounds are crawling with Death Eaters and Dementors."

"Even.....?" I asked, looking at Neville. "My parents?"

I gulped, knowing that what I just said could destroy our family.

All four of them stopped, looking at me with wide eyes.

"Your parents...." Ron started, "Are Death Eaters?"

"Yes." I said, looking down.

"Then, yes." Neville said. "Even your parents."

I raised my head, looking back at the group.

"But I know they are being forced to be involved with the Dark Arts. I can see the look in their eyes and I know that they are not bad people." I assured them.

My emotions changed a little, knowing that they were only Death Eaters because they were being forced someway.

"And Draco...I know he is not a bad person." I said, looking up at Harry who was holding Draco's wand.

"Y/n is right. Draco could have said something to Bellatrix. He could have made sure I was killed on the spot. He knew it was me, but he didn't say anything." Harry said, looking up at me.

"Thank you, Harry." I said, weakly smiling.

I am glad he finally realizes that Draco isn't at all as bad as he seems.

"So, how bad is it with Snape as headmaster?" Hermione asked, changing the subject.

We started walking again.